Sign in to follow this  

150f clutch drum remove ??

My wifes 2007 150F has a problem in the shift shaft. In order to remove the shaft I need to remove the clutch drum. There is another drum that slightly overlaps thre clutch and prevents it form sliding off. I can't seem to figure out how to remove it or even what it is. I haven't picked up a repair manual yet. Anyone out there able to help me out? What the other drum is, How to remove it, ect??

Thanks........

is it smaller and has 3 phillips screws on it?

if so then its the centrifugal oil filter, you take those 3 screws off (theres a gasket on the cover so get a new one) then use the special spanner socket and an impact gun to remove the slinger, i think the nut is a one time use nut also (its staked on the threads so it wont back out) same with the clutch basket nut, so get 2 new ones.

Yep, it requires a special tool to get the oil sling filter off. I think they cost around $35. Be sure to un-stake the special nut that’s deep inside, other wise the tool doesn’t fit right, and you could break the tool. I reused all the hardware when I put new clutch plates on mine.

HERE is one that is 20mm. The one you got was 24mm (id), any idea what size you need?

Edit: Just checked my service manual and it calls for a 20/24mm wrench and since the 24mm is too big the 20mm should work. Check ebay also, there are a lot of them.

If you'd like I can scan the pages in the service manual tomorrow and email them to you.

weird, i could have sworn i used the shorter spanner socket and it worked fine, now ill have to go find it in my toolbox and see which one i have.

HERE is one that is 20mm. The one you got was 24mm (id), any idea what size you need?

Edit: Just checked my service manual and it calls for a 20/24mm wrench and since the 24mm is too big the 20mm should work. Check ebay also, there are a lot of them.

If you'd like I can scan the pages in the service manual tomorrow and email them to you.

That would be cool if you could send over some pages.. Thanks

That would be cool if you could send over some pages.. Thanks

I'll need your email address. You can PM it to me if you want.