Sign in to follow this  

Hey Rekluse guys...

I'm tossing the idea around of adding a Rekluse clutch to my '09 250SX. Why? Just because really. I don't need it, but it'd sure help with arm pump towards the end of a moto, and since I no longer practice much anymore I know that'll be an issue.

Thoughts, pros, and cons are welcome.

I've had one on my last two bikes, Its almost like cheating, the main problem is it spoils you so much you'll have to have one from now on. On my second bike I tought I wouldn't spend the money on one but just after a few rides of having to keep pulling in that clutch everytime I hit the brakes got pretty old real fast. The best part is on tough tight rough trails you can just crawl along, stop, ease forward, stop to get over a big rock or log then gas it again and never touch the clutch, you come brake sliding into a corner with the rear wheel locked up and as you come out your already on the gas and you never had to pull in the clutch, oh ya. The negitives? you cant' bump start it because when its not running the clutch won't engage and when coming down a steep hill in gear if the revs drop too much it will disengage and you'll be just coasting, but all you have to do is blip the throttle and it will engage again. Hope that helps

stalling and no bump and stall on a hill climb are the only two riding issues I had. The issue mechanically I had was that sometimes the timing of being on the gas and locking the rear wheel would be a little off and it would kill the motor going into a corner. With a clutch you just seat bounce and keep going.

I should add that I ride/race motocross 99% of the time. Once every couple of years I'll do a harescramble. Perhaps with a Rekluse I'd do one more often.

Almost all moto, I don't know, it would be best to see if you could take a bike that has one out on your track. And you you would have to put at least an hour or two on it to get used to it.