Sign in to follow this  

Big box of Goodies and some questions

X-Mas in March, got boxes of goodies from Procycle, Bike Bandit, and Motorcycle Superstore today. Let the fun begin.

Started pulling the bike apart and have a couple questions now, maybe more later.

Has it been determined that the screen at the exit of the air box causes no restrictions but really does nothing anyway so why keep it?

Did some searching will leave the screen in place.

What is the reason that the crankcase vent tube goes all the way up under the tank and then returns to the bottom of the air box?

Also found a posting about why the tube routes the way it does.

By the way the really cool stuff came from Procycle, header, TM40, SS brake lines and more. Thanks Jeff will let you know how everything turns out.

With the brake lines being changed, is there any reason to change to DOT5 fluid?

Alan

Edited by AlanS
Searched and found answer, added question

Thanks guys,

Will probably stick with Dot4.

Looking at the rear caliper and how the brake line hits it, does the caliper have to be removed from the swing arm to change the brake line?

Which also means rear wheel removal.

Just a thought on the rear brake line...a lot of guys do NOT install a SS line there because the rubber line allows better modulation of the rear brake. I have the SS on the front only and for me, the rear has perfect feel (easy to take rear to the threshold of lock-up) with the OEM rubber line. FWIW.

• Like 1

Thanks guys,

Will probably stick with Dot4.

Looking at the rear caliper and how the brake line hits it, does the caliper have to be removed from the swing arm to change the brake line?

Which also means rear wheel removal.

No. You can just swap out the lines.:banana:

Just a thought on the rear brake line...a lot of guys do NOT install a SS line there because the rubber line allows better modulation of the rear brake. I have the SS on the front only and for me, the rear has perfect feel (easy to take rear to the threshold of lock-up) with the OEM rubber line. FWIW.

Great tip/information! Thanks for posting.