Sign in to follow this  

Cant decide which Chain to buy

I need a new chain and sprockets for my 2003 XR250.

I am looking at primary drive sprockets and the following 2 chains:

1) Primary Drive 520 ORH Gold X-Ring Chain 520x106 - $63

2) DID 520 ATV X-RING Chain 520x106 - $82

Any suggestions, recommendations?

Thanks Guys

I highly recommend the Primary Drive Chain and sprocket. I have them on my 400 and they have lasted the longest. It is the only chain and sprocket I would buy for my 400 or a 250. Especially for a 250.

I highly recommend the Primary Drive Chain and sprocket. I have them on my 400 and they have lasted the longest. It is the only chain and sprocket I would buy for my 400 or a 250. Especially for a 250.

there is good following behind the primary drive sprockets and chains in the Northwest forum. there is a handful of Pacific Northwest enduro/hairs-scramble racers that use the primary drive chain and sprocket sets on their bikes. My last set (just changed) was a front and rear (15/45) PBI sprockets and a regina x-ring chain. worked well and lasted really well. PBI makes a hell of a rear aluminum sprocket. My setup right now is a PBI Pro carbon steel front sprocket 14t, and a renthal aluminum 47t rear with a DID O-ring chain. I think it is going to be a tough setup and i am looking forward to running it through the paces. I haven't yet, didn't have a new front sprocket when i was working on it. I will have it together this weekend.

I put one of the Primary Drive gold x-ring chains on my wifes bike, and it's holding up as well as the Regina chain that I have on my bike, but at a much better price. Save a few bucks, buy the Primary Drive chain. You won't be disappointed.:banana: