Sign in to follow this  

Honda XR50R need help

i just put a new OEM chain on my 50 its the exact same one that was on previous only brand new, the old chain seemed stretched and lasy, now with the new chain im hearing a weird noise

when i throttle

mostly in 1st and second gear..............could it be that i need a new front and rear sprocket they do looks stretched out aswell

but im not sure is this normal to have a sound that almost seems like its coming from the motor or something , its hard to hear EXACTLY where this sound is coming from because u can only hear it when there it tension on the motor or when the bike is pulling can someone HELLLLP me out thanks Rich

Always do sprockets with the chain, if you look at the teeth on your sproket you will most likely see that they are wore down to the point where the teeth have gotten really thin and sharpened to a point. Time for new sprockets my friend, should solve all of your problems.

make sure it isn't to loose and check the sprocket fitment in the links of the chain, and last make sure it is a 420 chain and not 428