Sign in to follow this  

Ignition switch help!!!!

Will the ignition switch and kill switch on my 83 xl 100 work with my new crf100 engine i installed in it. I am using the CDI that comes with the crf100 engine. Please Help!!!

How many wires come off the ignition switch on the XL? It should, but if there's more than two wires, you'll have to to play electrician for an hour. The kill switch will work.

The engine stop switch as a blackandwhite wire coming off and a green wire witch i think is the ground for a total of 2 wires. Do I just match the colors from the new CDI to these wires. The ignition switch has 4 wires coming off. The colors are , black, red, green, and blackandwhite.

The kill switch should plug right in or at least be easy. For the ignition...Yikes. Black plugs into the Black wires somewhere for the turn signals, horn, brake switch, and a bunch of other stuff. The Black and white goes to the stator/generator. Red goes to the positive on the battery and rectifier. Green is ground. At least that's what I got from the wiring schematic