Sign in to follow this  

motorcycle carrier on Nissan Murano

Hey guys,

After all the googling I've done I just cant seem to convince myself this will work.

2006 Murano w/ carrier hauling a DRZ400S. According to tongue weight of hitch and carrier I will be ok, hitch 350/ carrier 500 lbs. The tongue weight by Nissan standards is 350 lbs. Bike weight dry is 290 lbs. 2 quarts of oil and stock fuel tank still leaves room for a 50 pounds of carrier weight plus there is a safety factor built in.

Am I missing something?

I dont want to buy the carrier if this wont work. But if it does I'll be able to use carrier in the future.

Thanks guys. I guess I'm just overly concearned.

Not sure which carrier you are looking at but mine a is a versa-haul and I think it weighs every bit of 50 pounds. I believe you are right there at the maximum weight it will hold. With that being said you should be alright, just make sure which ever one you buy that you also get the deal that bolts to the hauler and also to your reese hitch to stop movement while loaded!!! It make all the differance in the way ir rides back there! Im also not sure what kind of truck a Murano so make sure it has the springs in the rear to hold the extra weight get 2 or three of your buddies to stand on back of vehicle and see how bad it sinks. This just just my opinion though. You should use your best judgement

Not sure which carrier you are looking at but mine a is a versa-haul and I think it weighs every bit of 50 pounds. I believe you are right there at the maximum weight it will hold. With that being said you should be alright, just make sure which ever one you buy that you also get the deal that bolts to the hauler and also to your reese hitch to stop movement while loaded!!! It make all the differance in the way ir rides back there! Im also not sure what kind of truck a Murano so make sure it has the springs in the rear to hold the extra weight get 2 or three of your buddies to stand on back of vehicle and see how bad it sinks. This just just my opinion though. You should use your best judgement

Yeah, its got the anti tilt brackety and the pinch bolt for noise reduction. The murano is a crossover. But it's pretty beefy, AWD independant rear, hauls my boat pretty darn well. I need to do what you said and weigh down the rear w/ 325 lbs to check sag.

Thanks for response. It's what I was thinking but sometimes it's good to hear a second voice.