Sign in to follow this  

Where do I get the free downloadable manuals?

I cant find the thread on this. Could someone let me know where to find it?. I am looking for a manual for a 2001-2005 RM125. I took the power valve apart and cant figure out how the spring goes together for the linkage on the side of the head. Thanks

you cant find them online. the jap brands would either 1: charge you 50$ for a manual or 2: have you guess how to fix it, break a part, and have to buy more parts from them. either way they make even more money from you. a very dirty and dishonest trick.

I believe KTM is the only one that offers free manuals... theyre not a cheap ass, shoddy company IMO.

do these help?

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=87623&manufacturer=5&category=3&year=2004&model=1990

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=87625&manufacturer=5&category=3&year=2004&model=1990

• Like 1

you cant find them online. the jap brands would either 1: charge you 50$ for a manual or 2: have you guess how to fix it, break a part, and have to buy more parts from them. either way they make even more money from you. a very dirty and dishonest trick.

I believe KTM is the only one that offers free manuals... theyre not a cheap ass, shoddy company IMO.

do these help?

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=87623&manufacturer=5&category=3&year=2004&model=1990

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=87625&manufacturer=5&category=3&year=2004&model=1990

No there is a thread here somewhere on TT. I have downloaded the free manuals before in PDF. Thanks for trying to help though. I gave you a shot of gas. :banana:

• Like 1

hmm thats internesting, let me know if you find it. thanks, ill give you some gas too :banana:

I found manuals online by just googling ( download free "your make/model" manual)

I do believe it is breaking the law downloading copyrighted material so do it at your own risk. Personally you would be better off just getting a hard copy from your dealer or online.

I found manuals online by just googling ( download free "your make/model" manual)

I do believe it is breaking the law downloading copyrighted material so do it at your own risk. Personally you would be better off just getting a hard copy from your dealer or online.

Its not illegal to do. If its copy righted you typically cant download it and they arent going to offer you a pdf file to do so if it was illegal.

Its not illegal to do. If its copy righted you typically cant download it and they arent going to offer you a pdf file to do so if it was illegal.

right, and there aren't any pirated videos, games or music on the net either. The manufacturers usually have exploded parts diagrams on-line, and that's often much more valuable than a manual anyway. A lot of the stuff in the manuals isn't really that specific to your exact model anyway.

What year is your bike? 2001 has different Power Valve assembly. I have a manual in PDF for 2003-2005 i believe.

right, and there aren't any pirated videos, games or music on the net either. The manufacturers usually have exploded parts diagrams on-line, and that's often much more valuable than a manual anyway. A lot of the stuff in the manuals isn't really that specific to your exact model anyway.

Micro fische is okay for some stuff but you dont get any specifications there. A service manual is the best way to go. I wasnt saying you couldnt pirate something just that I know they are legally downloadable without paying for them. Anyway I got the link to the site. Thanks for trying to help everyone. :banana:

I can confirm that you can get free manauals legally from Yamaha Europe. I went to the Yamaha Spain website and downloaded a manual for my new 2008 WR250F a week ago.

here is the way to do it

www.yamaha-motor.es.... click motoclicletas....click on the tab comunidad... then click manuales. It comes in 5 languages including English.