Sign in to follow this  

Is this a good price??

Hey guys I found a 2007 DRZ400SM with 11k miles on it. The bike is real clean with the exception of a few scratches its all stock and was a trade in at a local dealer here. They are asking $5400 but its been there a while and he said they can make a deal.

sorry no pics but its the yellow and white color scheme.

let me know what you guys think..

thanks, will

Seems high to me..........I bought a like new '03S with 1000 miles in April 2007 for $2650.00. I know the SM sells for more, but with 11,000 miles, I would not pay more than $3000.00 for that bike if it were perfect.........because you don't know the history, MCCT install?, valve check/shim?, etc. It is harder to damage a bike with only 1000 miles on it vs. one with 11,000 miles.

Thanks for the quick reply! Yea bikes are a little pricier out here but like you said 11K miles is a lot. and its not perfect. I think it would be hard to get a dealer to 3,000. they have had it for months though so I will try.

I am very close to getting a new 0 miles 09 sm for 6300 OTD but its not locked in yet and the dealer is pissing me off!

thanks, will

These are pretty solid bikes, but for $900.00 more you get brand new. Never know how the previous owner took care of a used one.

damn guys I guess I forgot how much cheaper things are in the mainland. I cant find any good deals out here! The Dealer wants 7250 OTD for the 2010 they sold their last 09 yesterday!

thanks, will

You should try to find a good bike on the west coast and have it shipped over. Probably cheaper than you think.

It would be cheaper to find one in CA, and ship it. It would probably only cost $400 or so to ship a bike from CA to HI.

There are still left-overs on the mainland, and locally, a NEW '07 was $4999, and I've seen them as low as $4299 for new left-over 07's in MD.

Regardless... if that is your only used choice... get a new bike. With 11K miles on the clock... it could need a head rebuild soon if the matanance wasn't followed. I would pass. No... actually... I'd run.

Damn those are some crazy deal back there!

I made an offer of 3500 on that dealer owned one they countered with 4200 plus fees I said 3800 OTD. They called me today and said yes.

I havent signed anything yet. The said the previous owner was a tech at the service department. Harley/ktm/kawasaki. The said they also have records for maintenance and may also have contact info to get ahold of the PO.

I am thinking about this bike seriously and if they come back with service records and everything. it would e a good deal for out here. The miles are high but taken care of I have seen them with much higher!

I will also try to get a good deal on the gear.

will

If it's what you want, buy it. $3800 doesn't sound bad. Even more so when you consider your on an island (or islands).

I bought it!!! But the dealer wouldn let me take it home because I forgot my permit at a friends house across island! so I will pic it up tomorrow after work..

Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. The things I read about on this board helped me greatly in negotiating the price down to almost an acceptable main land price! So THANK YOU to not only all those who replied but to whoever invented the great search feature!

I will start a thread on what I plan to do as far as maintenance and upgrades and see if I am on the right track.

will