Sign in to follow this  

07 CRF450R Air/fuel ratio

I have tried searching for this but have come up empty handed, i'm just wondering what the proper air/fuel ratio should be for an 07 crf450R, i have found threads that say 12.8-13.2 for the FI models just not sure if it's the same for carbs.

my engine must be tired then i'm not doin so well in the hp department if that is the case

Also, it depends on the method being tested the numbers that are returned. The condition of the the location of the sensor used is very important. I wel a bung on the header to eliminate any issues. Be sure any AIS system is disabled. If you insert a probe in the exhaust, you must ensure the vacuum pump is well services and the probe is in at least 24" if not more (as far as possible is best).

it's showing 47 hp, using a kenda challenger 110/90/19, 32PSI, dynojet 250I

the guy i bought it off of told me there is a jt high compression piston, hotcams stage 2, and head work but i was never told excatly what was done except for changing the size of the exhaust vavle from the 07 to the 06

is this your dyno? what other common bikes have been on it? im trying to establish where that dyno reads compared to others.

yes it is my dyno but i just got it about 2 weeks ago, just been running my bikes to get into the swing of things. was just going by Honda says it has 55 hp stock, we all know that isn't something to go by because well honda said it. so i was just figuring with it being modded it might be closer to what they said it would be stock.

55 stock....at the crank, not at the rear wheel on their dyno.....

like i said in the previous statement

we all know that isn't something to go by because well honda said it.

You may be. Dynos, operators all vary somewhat. I can make a bike vary by 5 hp easy just depending on tire pressure and how the test is run. What you need to thin about instead of absolute numbers is relative numbers (hence Eddies Q about how it ran stock on the dyno). 55, 40, 60 Hp numbers mean little. You have a stock bike, it makes X. You tweak it and restest and get X+3, ah, better, on the right track. X does not matter.

unfortunatley i don't have an X# due to the fact the bike was alterd before i bought it, i'm currently trying to reach the previous owner to get some additional info but thats not proving to be easy either,

i appreciate your helpfulness on the situation.