Sign in to follow this  

Rm125 Questions

HI,

I just bought a rm125 and the seller told me that it was a 2001 but its starting to look like a 2000 - 1999 because of the plastics if i type in the vin number would someone be able to tell me what year (RF15A-104969) please. Also it hasnt got that much bottom end as i would like, can adjusting the dial thing, at the start of the exhaust, help?

Thanks

ok i have a 1999 rm 125 and thats your vin number right cause the 10th digit is the year.

1980-A, 1981-B, 1982-C, 1983-D, 1984-E, 1985-F, 1986-G, 1987-H, 1988-J, 1989-K, 1990-L, 1991-M, 1992-N, 1993-P, 1994-R, 1995-S, 1996-T, 1997-V, 1998-W, 1999-X, 2000-Y, 2001-1, 2002-2, 2003-3, 2004-4, 2005-5, 2006-6, 2007-7, 2008-8, 2009-9, 2010-A and it starts over again along the same lines.

also if your bike has little bottom end power you should check your compression and if its fine (should be above 120 psi) maybe get an aftermarket pipe for it. The screw you are talking about is your power valve adjuster and no that will not help the bottom end power it only controls when the power valve opens.

thanks for the reply the thing that stumps me is that the vin is RF15A-104969, so the 10th digit is a 6 (according to the chart it is a 2006). the number is stamped in the neck of the frame and the only other numbers a can find a are on the carby and engine number. could the vin be incomplete (not enough numbers), could it have been tampered with (stolen property). a normal vin is 17 digits, both my brothers bikes have the ralative number as per the year indicated on the chart.

thanks, nick

All Motorcycle and automobile VIN # have to have 17 digits for God knows how long. If yours doesnt I would make sure you are not riding a stolen bike ASAP and notify the PD on who/where you got the bikes! Not a good thing to be riding stolen property. My friend once borrowed a bike froma "Friend" and ended up in the jailhouse!

hey guys, notice where the poster is from...... i'm sure their v.i.n.'s are gonna be different than in the U.S.

Ok here is a pic of it, surely it wouldnt have been stolen, a way to find out is to ask someone that has the same bike as me and see how many digit its vin has, also ,maybe im looking in the wrong spot (the top of the frame near the fueltank and where the triple clam bolt thing goes through the frame....

(cant figure out how to put pics on here. heres a pic on facebook)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=4236795&id=825813134&fbid=214378948134

Did the picture work??

And how do you know it is a 96?

the picture did not work for me

google is your friend :banana:

Look at the link i gave you, under the rm125 section. RF15A is the part of your vin that indicates it is a 1996.

Ok yer your right on the list thing it says its a 96 but another thing that stumps me is that it has Inverted Forks the 96 model didn't they had a big tooth looking thing as there front plate....

Ive got my bike as a profile pic and also as the thumbnail i coulndt figure out how to upload a pic...

Thanks, nick

Ok yer your right on the list thing it says its a 96 but another thing that stumps me is that it has Inverted Forks the 96 model didn't they had a big tooth looking thing as there front plate....

Ive got my bike as a profile pic and also as the thumbnail i coulndt figure out how to upload a pic...

Thanks, nick

http://bikepics.com/suzuki/rm125/

That site will help you to determine more closely what year it is.

I can barely make out the avatar pic, but just seeing the rear number plate tells me its a 96-00 body style. If it has inverted forks, its more than like a 99-00 model, unless someone changed 'em.

Ok im looking at thw website now, if you go to my profile or garage you should be able to see a bigger picture, could it be possible that its got a 96 frame but 99 everything else?...

Ok the last idea failed if someone can tell me how to put a full size image in your post (i havent figured it out yet) i could post it in full size for you...

I got a better idea (the last one didn't work...) someone tell me how to put a large pic in a post, icant figure it out...

You have to have it on the internet somewhere else first (ie, Photobucket).

Then all you do is use before and and after the link to the picture.

As for the 96 frame with 2000 everything else, its unlikely, unless someone destroyed their frame or it was a stolen bike with a frame swapped out.

How do you get it on photobucket, (i never heard of that before ) then what do you do after that??,

www.photobucket.com

Its free, you sign up for an account, then simply upload the pictures - Photobucket will give you direct links to the pictures that you have uploaded.

Another thing while photo bucket is loading im thinking f buying a Bills Header but i still have stock muffler how much of a difference will having a stock muffler do with the bill header than a bill mufler or fmf or pc....

thanks , nick