Sign in to follow this  

Where's the Conversion sticky?

I haven't visited this forum in a while, but I just bought another XR 80 so here I am again. Let me just say that this is the most fun forum that I have been to. There's never a dull moment with all of the imaginations in full force.

I'm going through millions of threads trying to find out what parts I can rob off of other bikes to build up my suspension. It's baffling trying to sift through all of the threads and posts. It would be a Godsend for someone to write up all of their knowledge in one place. Other XR guru's could add to it and we could end up with a XR80 Masterpiece Sticky! I could name 4 or 5 guru's that I remember from a while back that would be ideal for this project. Can I get some back up here? I know that I'm not alone. How about starting a thread devoted solely to modding a XR80 or XR100 since the two are so similar? All of the parts that can interchange or parts that need slight customization to fit. :banana:

I started work'n a Sticky thread a while back! Covering all the most commonly asked question posted- over and over here, as well as, trouble shooting, parts compatibility between the two models (which-actually is posted on here some where), big bore kits, carbs, and how to's. Unfortunately, I lost the wind in my sail -with it- if ya know what I mean...

A conversion STICKY would also be perfect and a great addition!

This forums past mod was a XR100 guru and also was a active posting member here. I know Mr. Hamp is active in some of the other forums, personaly haven't seen him post here. As we know- sticky's are up to the mods. I'm sure he lurks to make sure none of us XR 80/100 goufballs are out of line. lol

Save your searches, I'm sure more than a few of us would be more than happy to lend a hand in compiling some info for this forum. This is the "original pitbike forum" and is the last play bike forum- to have sticky :banana:

Count me in! And Feel free to PM me, to shoot a few spit balls around lol

What ever happen to Minifig Phil?

Not to sure, he hasn't log'd on since the end of October?

have a sticky for the xr/crf80/100 then break it down to SUSPENSION (cr,kx ect. fork swaps an how to work stock suspensuon an ect)

then have a part for the ENGINES (bbk,high comp.,exhaust ect)

then you could have a part for the CONVERSION

as a new person on this forum trying search an filter out stuff for the other bikes is tuff.be nice to find it in one spot

thanks

kawie

:lol:

:banana:

Is he still the mod?

Huh?

Ron Hamp is listed as the Moderator at the bottom right of the forum, has been for some time now.

Don't you pay attention to these things :banana: lol

Huh?

Ron Hamp is listed as the Moderator at the bottom right of the forum, has been for some time now.

Don't you pay attention to these things :lol: lol

Uhh here comes the worst of it..... Who's Ron Hamp? :banana:

Gman, you, socalxr and minifig phil are three of the gurus I had in mind for the compilation of the brains. If you guys somehow combined all of your knowledge into a single thread, you would make the world a better place.

Ron Hamp is an engine builder. I know he builds Honda engines for racers and is experimenting with stuff a lot. It's been a while since I've seen what he's been up to. I didn't know he was the new play bike moderator though. Hopefully he will see this and help out on forming a sticky for the people.

Thanks guys for sharing your know how and answering the same questions numerous times. :banana: