Sign in to follow this  

Wont idle or start

I just picked up a used 2007 110 for my son. All stock except for a 2 bros pipe. Problem is it wont start or run/idle without the choke. I have cleaned the carb and checked for air leaks. Could it need new jetting because of the pipe? Any help is appreciated

your pilot is either clogged or to small. try backing the mixture screw out a half turn and see if that helps. it is accessed from the right side of the bike. it is the smaller of the two screws. if it helps then check how far out it is from being fully turned in. if you get close to 3 turns out then you will prob need to up the pilot.

also you may need to lift the needle a bit as well. it has a fixed needle stock so the cheep way to raise it is to pick up some washers from radio shack. for $2 they will sell you a bag of 100 or so assorted washers so that you can fine tune it.:banana:

I just picked up a used 2007 110 for my son. All stock except for a 2 bros pipe. Problem is it wont start or run/idle without the choke. I have cleaned the carb and checked for air leaks. Could it need new jetting because of the pipe? Any help is appreciated

It sounds like the bike is super lean. With the choke on you are cutting the air and richening the mixture. You should pull the carb again and check the pilot and main jet sizes. Stock is 38/80. You need to be at least 42 on the pilot and 85 or 90 on the main. As mentioned above check the air screw as well. Does it have the stock airbox or modded airbox or pod filter? The modded airbox or pod filter will make it even more lean without jetting.

means your jets were most likely still dirty. Glad you got it running