First Ride on 300XC-W

2010 300XC-W

165 MJ

35 PJ

JD Red 3rd

AS -1.5

Red PV spring

FMF Q Stealth sparky

The world really is perfect:thumbsup: Pinch flatted the rear tire though:lol::banana: It likes to go fast:ride: Vastly exceeds all expectations in every way. Massively impressed is an understatement. That's the first 60 miles and I believe it can only get better.

Edited by cubera

Welcome to the 300 club there isn't another bike that comes close. I have been ridding 300s for 10 years and they just get better and better.

I'll tell you the truth, Fred. My only regret is not getting on one of these phenominal machines years ago. Unbelievable! Bone stock suspension with standard settings too and I'm #220 in gear! I was deliberately easy on it today not knowing what to expect and it being new but right now I don't think it needs anything touched suspension or motor wise except maybe a bit taller gearing. I don't have my stabilizer swapped over yet and was a little worried about it. It does perfectly fine without the stabilizer. Hands down the easiest to ride most fun bike imaginable. I was also worried about it being down on power compared to the 450F's I ride but it's got plenty of usable power everywhere from off idle to full twist.:banana::lol:

get proper springs and you will be equally impressed.

What's cool is that no matter which KTM 2 stroke you get on, the same feeling abounds. :banana:

Welcome cubera!

When I rode this 2-stroke for the 1st time........... I thought......... :lol::shocked: I HAVE TO BUY THIS BIKE! :banana:

Now I'll agree, the new ones are even better. Stop better, turn better, have better suspension, but the one thing that remains the same............. the motor. The motor pulls exactly the same. It's hard to improve upon perfection.

Congrats on the new Ride!!!!

I just sold my 05 300mxc race bike and 06 crf450x. And picked up a used mint mint mint 08 250xc for a great price. I will post up my own ride report so I dont hijck your thread:ride:

get proper springs and you will be equally impressed.

What's cool is that no matter which KTM 2 stroke you get on, the same feeling abounds. :banana:

Welcome cubera!

Thanks for the welcome! What springs do I need and will a simple re-spring hose anything up (like negatively affect valving)? My mind is blown by how good the suspension works right now and I definately don't want to screw it up:lol::lol::lol:

When I rode this 2-stroke for the 1st time........... I thought......... :lol::shocked: I HAVE TO BUY THIS BIKE! :banana:

Now I'll agree, the new ones are even better. Stop better, turn better, have better suspension, but the one thing that remains the same............. the motor. The motor pulls exactly the same. It's hard to improve upon perfection.

I hope to say the same thing 10 years from now:thumbsup: :banana:

Congrats on the new Ride!!!!

I just sold my 05 300mxc race bike and 06 crf450x. And picked up a used mint mint mint 08 250xc for a great price. I will post up my own ride report so I dont hijck your thread:ride:

:ride:GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE:ride: Glad to see you post again.....We're both immigrants from the 450X forum:lol::banana:

Bought a 450x in 05. Loved that bike, handled beautifully and perfect powerband.......Did a KTM demo day in 08 and within a couple of months the X was gone and I was on a 300xcw. The 300 made the X feel fairly big and heavy and it gave up little on the bottom end. Bonus is, the bike is also much easier to work on. Loved the 2-strokes so munch I now have a YZ250 also :banana:

Glad you like the bike Coob, see ya on the 20th. The mile of rox will be a blast!

Glad you like the bike Coob, see ya on the 20th. The mile of rox will be a blast!

Can't wait. I hope I can get a UHD tube up front by then....or the TuBliss.....I'll need it riding with XR4DEZ the rock master :lol::ride::banana:

Bought a 450x in 05. Loved that bike, handled beautifully and perfect powerband.......Did a KTM demo day in 08 and within a couple of months the X was gone and I was on a 300xcw. The 300 made the X feel fairly big and heavy and it gave up little on the bottom end. Bonus is, the bike is also much easier to work on. Loved the 2-strokes so munch I now have a YZ250 also :banana:

I loved my 450X. It literally got ridden to death. I wanted a lighter more versatlie simpler ride this time. I ride probably 25-30 hours a month usually on pretty nasty terrain. There's no better choice than the 300 for my needs as a replacement to the 450X. The bike inspires confidence within the first few minutes of riding it. It's a world class ride IMHO:thumbsup:

pull out the stock needle and put in the optional one that comes in the bag ( N3ZW) as it is a more agressive one through the mid, then bump up the pilot jet to a 38 from the 35.....THEN she will rip even better!

Joe

Thanks for the welcome! What springs do I need and will a simple re-spring hose anything up (like negatively affect valving)? My mind is blown by how good the suspension works right now and I definately don't want to screw it up:lol::banana::lol:

no, you need the springs to be correct. It will ride better, of course, unless you fall in the weight parameters, of which most of us don't. lol

from what I read, the 10's are pretty darn good (valving) from the factory. Start with correct shock spring first.

no, you need the springs to be correct. It will ride better, of course, unless you fall in the weight parameters, of which most of us don't. lol

from what I read, the 10's are pretty darn good (valving) from the factory. Start with correct shock spring first.

Gotcha. I'll give it whirl:lol: I don't realistically see myself dropping any wieght. Been the same weight plus or minus 10 pounds for 20 years :banana::lol:

pull out the stock needle and put in the optional one that comes in the bag ( N3ZW) as it is a more agressive one through the mid, then bump up the pilot jet to a 38 from the 35.....THEN she will rip even better!

Joe

Probably what I should have done but bit the bullet on the JD kit and did JD's thing before the first ride. Put in the red PV and put the AS at -1.5. It runs awesome. I'll switch to the N3ZW and 38 pilot and see how that works:thumbsup: I was worried about jetting especially with the Q Stealth but I'm thinking jetting the 300 is not as hard as it's made out to be. You guys have refined the process making it easy for bone heads like me to get it right. Thanks!