Sign in to follow this  

No visable gear oil

when i went to change the oil in my 05Rm250, i noticed that i could not see any gear oil in there visibly. i couldnt get the drain plug out it seems stuck in there pretty good, so i just added a bottle of light gear oil and it seemed to top it off

i will be checking for leaks the next few days, and hope its not mixing into the engine.

Hmmm.... "topping it off" is not the best idea; you don't want too much oil in there. You need to get that drain bolt loose and fill it with the specified amount.

when i went to change the oil in my 05Rm250, i noticed that i could not see any gear oil in there visibly. i couldnt get the drain plug out it seems stuck in there pretty good, so i just added a bottle of light gear oil and it seemed to top it off

i will be checking for leaks the next few days, and hope its not mixing into the engine.

are you serious?

put down the pipe bro :banana:

What the hell??????

do you mean that you filled it up until you could see the oil in the fill plug????

The bike only holds 800cc of oil! so if you added a qt of oil then there could be 1800cc of oil in there! Not good.

I would say time to change your opium den habit to one more constructive like painting or yoga :banana:

Welp, i guess the gears are gettin a good soak in oil haha

ill get that plug off and drain the oil tomorrow and put 750cc in. My bad

its just sitting in my garage not gettin ridden so it shouldnt hurt it

Thanks to vice grips, i got the bolt off and drained the oil.

and its looking pretty black, ill have to pick up another jug of oil tomorrow and fill to correct amount.

thanks

are you serious?

put down the pipe bro :banana:

ditto :banana: better double check all bolts , etc before you ride that thing ...when not high :lol:

before you hit a jump and the wheels,bars,etc fall off :banana:

good luck :banana:

haha, nah its all good. i got 750ml of light gear oil in there, with a new drain plug in the mail

will post pics with new plastics and handguards in week or so.

ill be in the woods rippin dick in the next few weeks :banana: