Sign in to follow this  

yz 125 pipe

buying a clean yz and have the option of stock pipe or PC pipe.

Kid 100lbs novice what pipe is best for low to mid, Im sure top is good with both

I have a procircuit and a stock pipe for my 03, considering throwing the stock pipe on to see how it feels as I ride mainly trails

i just got a mint stock pipe on ebay for $.01. $18 in shipping, but still...

Take the PC and then sell it once you buy a dirt cheap stock pipe from eBay. Stock will have most low end vs. PC. :banana:

Great idea!

Yeap never had much luck with after market pipes. The RD $$ that Yamaha puts into stock pipes is far greater than the after market guys. I had luck with a shorty silencer with stock pipe. But I did just pick up a 05 yz 125 and did order a DEP set up. This is the same set up on Metcalffs yamaha of troy race bike.

In pictures from MXA story on his bike they tackled on a FMF badge on a DEP pipe.LOL

Go FMF marketing sure does work even if the pipe sucks!

Yeap never had much luck with after market pipes. The RD $$ that Yamaha puts into stock pipes is far greater than the after market guys. I had luck with a shorty silencer with stock pipe. But I did just pick up a 05 yz 125 and did order a DEP set up. This is the same set up on Metcalffs yamaha of troy race bike.

In pictures from MXA story on his bike they tackled on a FMF badge on a DEP pipe.LOL

Go FMF marketing sure does work even if the pipe sucks!

The bling pipe don't make your lap times any faster? :lol:

IMO, FMF is a great company - particularly for off road. The Yamaha stock pipe will dent if you look at it too long and the silencer is loud amongst a bunch of trail bikes. FMF makes the Gnarly and the Q Stealth. Both excellent off road oriented exhausts. Pro Circuit has their Platinum 2 which some say is better than the Gnarly performance wise and it doesn't dent easy either. However, they don't have a competitor to the Q Stealth still.

Anyway :banana: none of this matters because neither product fits a 125.