Sign in to follow this  

Arizona OHV sticker renewal

Tips I learned from the renewal process;

• The email link from the state is for the vehicle license tax only

• To renew the sticker you must visit the Service Arizona home page and do it as a second transaction

• If your sticker expires before you get it all done renew the sticker first, it qualifies you for the discounted VLT.

All renewed now and loving all the new trails that were promissed....:banana:

So since the state is bankrupt and definitely not building a single inch of singletrack, much less keeping open the areas we already have,do I still have to buy their stupid sticker?

the $25 sticker is cheaper than the ticket... and if u dual sport.. then it's only $3 to get your registration... so it's worth it considering the fact that the clock is ticking on single-track and any riding area even existing for long.... just pay it and ride while you can!!!

At least it was a great deal for dual sporters.

the $25 sticker is cheaper than the ticket... and if u dual sport.. then it's only $3 to get your registration... so it's worth it considering the fact that the clock is ticking on single-track and any riding area even existing for long.... just pay it and ride while you can!!!

as for now, stay on the trails, follow the rules, get the sticker, but if they close off EVERYTHING well, I'll ride it all anyway.

At least it was a great deal for dual sporters.

Maybe you should buy a dual sport... then you can at least stop bitching about it!!! Or you can buy some sticky velcro and mount a plate on your bike... but then you will still bitch about the $25... I guess there is always a compromise...

for me it isnt the 25$ fee in the sense that ive got to come up with another 25$ to ride. Come on to say that 25$ is going to hinder me in any way as i suite up in my 700-1000 dollars worth of riding gear, hop on my 7,000$ macine(and lets not forget the aftermarket parts too) and go thrash a 70-80$ tire would be insane. Its that fact that those 25$ fees that nobody took the time to bitch and complain about currently add up to about 50%(+/-) your total income. You really feel good about seeing the people out there this time of year who spent most of last year on unemployment, and the rest of it sucking at a job that anybody should accell in turn around and get a 8,000$ tax "return" even though they maybe sent in 1000, maybe! And you work hard all year, so you can buy toys and enjoy life a little more and what do you get for it, taxed again. So people want to bitch about the new tax, let em. Because its justified. I can gaurantee you that in a few years the 25$ will be closer to 75$ and it wont be sugar coated an ohv "fund" it'll just be the 75$ ohv tax. Maybe then you'll start bitching about it. And they'll just say "well, we passed this bill and nobody said everything, and everyone was happy to get one and do their part so now the fee stays". Just like everythings else. Think about it this way, they are trying to make it to where you cant even breathe air without being taxed, meaning, you dont even have a right to live unless slave away paying taxes so they can shell out more money to drug addicts and underachievers. Next time you see a BLM/F.S. officer politely ask him where the new trails are. When he tells you there are none, and wont be any, take notice that he'll be in a new truck. Because god forbid a government worker be in a vehicle more than 12 monts old.

Maybe you should buy a dual sport... then you can at least stop bitching about it!!! Or you can buy some sticky velcro and mount a plate on your bike... but then you will still bitch about the $25... I guess there is always a compromise...

:banana: Geez dude.....Go back and read my statement........where did I bitch about anything? I stated a truth......it is a great law for dual sporters and they are saving $$$$. Weren't you just talking about riding illegally in another thread? Hmmmmmmmmmm

If you DS be sure and check "primarily off road" on your OHV decal app. If you dont you will pay the full regi fee PLUS the 25 dollar OHV decal fee. Your normal regi will be 3 bucks and change if you check primarily off road.

READ and save...dont assume.

Got this email from ADOT - Motor Vehicle Division

The vehicle registration for your 2000 HOND ATV, Plate MCXXX, will expire March 31, 2010. Please pay on or before this date to avoid penalty fees.

EMISSIONS TEST IS REQUIRED

For more information click here.

You may renew online at WWW.SERVICEARIZONA.COM after complying with emissions requirements.

Fees for a 1 year renewal are:

Veh License Tax $15.60

Registration $9.25

Air Quality $1.50

Total $26.35

I think the emmision test will be $19.00 + the $26.35 regz fee + $25.00 ohv sticker.

How do I get this down from 26.35 to 3.00 regz fee?

Well, just re-upped my OHV sticker, plus got the old emissions done...took 2 tries because they tested my KTM 200 as a 4-stroke the first time. Then went and got my registration renewed (I get an actual MC plate for the bike, so when they close off the dualsport loophole, it's already registered). That plus fresh insurance, and I can take my 100% dirt bike on the street and trail. Seems all that pristine desert I tried so hard to protect by staying on established trails a few years back is now plowed flat and filled with houses and golf courses. I'm thinking anything within a 50 mile radius of the current phoenix housing boundary is going to get the same treatment as soon as the economy kicks in again...

Psycho

hey, new here, recently got back into riding after a hiatus and this ohv thing is new to me.

i have my dual sport licensed, reg'ed and insured, i also need the ohv sticker? and what about this $3 reg for a dual sport. i'm sure its been hashed out so is this posted somewhere here i can read it or would you mind laying it out real simple like cause i dont understand them fancy city words.

thanks in advance

hey, new here, recently got back into riding after a hiatus and this ohv thing is new to me.

i have my dual sport licensed, reg'ed and insured, i also need the ohv sticker? and what about this $3 reg for a dual sport. i'm sure its been hashed out so is this posted somewhere here i can read it or would you mind laying it out real simple like cause i dont understand them fancy city words.

thanks in advance

since you d/s... go to servicearizona.com and get your ohv first.... then renew your reg... then your tag will cost $3... simple!!!

You must select primarily off road on the OHV app to get the 3 dollar regi fee.