Sign in to follow this  

Arrrr....... CARB gas can.

My 5 gallon jug you see in moto magazines.. I have one of those anti-spill gas cans for the lawn mower/power washers and they're pieces of shit LOL! :banana:

Here in California, non compliant fuel jugs are against the law. However "utility" jugs are available most everywhere. They look like fuel jugs, but you can't put gas in them, of course, none of us do.

The ThumperTalk Store will ship "utility jugs" to California (or anywhere else), you are on the honor system not to put fuel in them.....

we have them here now too, first they took away the 2nd air vent cap, then they put on a gas cap that you have to hold to poor, first time I used one of the new ones last week, it leaked gas out the button

thankfully the old caps fit the new cans

we have them here now too, first they took away the 2nd air vent cap, then they put on a gas cap that you have to hold to poor, first time I used one of the new ones last week, it leaked gas out the button

thankfully the old caps fit the new cans

Classic! In an effort to enforce compliance, the product becomes more complicated and less reliable ("leaked gas out the button")--defeating its intended purpose!

I agree-they are a pain.

No one has the guts to fire the idiot or group that designed the container. If you put 5 gallons in one and you run out of gas in your vehicle, it takes about ten minutes to drain the dang thing and by that time your arm is about to fall off. Of course you are not supposed to use it as a transfer container. If not, what the double LL are you supposed to use it for. At the OHV park, Ive never seen so much fuel poured all over the bikes and ground with these things.

dont kill me, but i use this can

21505%201%20Plus%20Spill%20Proof%20System.jpg

and this can

028W736796110001?hei=500&wid=500&op_sharpen=1

without any issues :banana: ive never spilled anything with either; and have spilled with regular cans before. idk

I was at a small independent auto parts place last week and they still had the old style cans on the shelf. Keep looking- they're out there.

I'm with you ud. the ones you have to sit on the edge and push on always make me spill and I cant see a damn thing around it in the tank:foul:

The second one mxkid posted doesnt seem like it would work bad though. never tried it though so idk

dont kill me, but i use this can

21505%201%20Plus%20Spill%20Proof%20System.jpg

and this can

028W736796110001?hei=500&wid=500&op_sharpen=1

without any issues :banana: ive never spilled anything with either; and have spilled with regular cans before. idk

I have 3 fuel containers. Two of them are the old style. I recently got a third one which is the same as the one in your second picture. If your putting fuel in a lawn mower or motorcycle, it's not that bad I guess. But try putting old left over fuel from that container in your car like the above post mentioned. The snout is so short it just doesn't work. I personally think that the design is lousy.

We may not have jobs here but we still have the old school gas cans :banana:

. At the OHV park, Ive never seen so much fuel poured all over the bikes and ground with these things.

I bought one of those CARB cans a few years back. When I pushed hard enough to overcome the spring in the nozzle, gas splashed back and covered me from head to toe (when filling a tiny lawn mower tank). Unbelievable - the CARB can actually caused far more gas to be spilled than an old school gas can. Stupidity beyond belief.

When I brought the can back to get a refund, they wouldn't take it back because it smelled like gas, so I just left it on the floor and walked out.

I've heard of people getting tickets for using non CARB cans. I'll just take my chances until they make a CARB can that actually works.

Just in case I'm forced to buy one of those again - are there any CARB cans out there that work reasonably well?

I bought a rack for my quad and it came with the option of a regular gas can and a Cal. spill proof can. Being from Wi. i had no idea what the spill proof one was about, but i thought it'd be smart to get a spill proof can so while bouncing around it doesn't leak all over, plus it was only a few dollars more.

Holy crap, first time i went to use it, it took me half the flippin afternoon to empty it! I had no idea. I think i'd rather push the thing home when i run out of gas, i'd get to the truck quicker.:banana:

I've heard of people getting tickets for using non CARB cans. I'll just take my chances until they make a CARB can that actually works.

Are your old cans not grandfathered?

I'm not in california, why do they sell this crap in georgia ?

The new carb can we got, it has no cap for the spout, so dirt/dust gets in there

Don't even get me started on these piece of sh*t gas cans out now...I spill fuel everywhere and there's not vent hole so the gas chugs..taking 10 minutes to fill my 250.

My 5 gallon jug you see in moto magazines.. I have one of those anti-spill gas cans for the lawn mower/power washers and they're pieces of shit LOL! :lol:
Oh, you mean the non-spill cans that make you spill more as you try to predict when the next gush will erupt from the spout? :banana: