Sign in to follow this  

1992 cr250 frame swap?

my friend broke off his entire footpeg mount while riding his 92 cr250, and the frame is too rusted to weld it back on.

so we started talking about doing a whole rebuild of it from the frame up. and i was wondering if the frames were the same from 1992-1996? Im looking on ebay and there are some good ones, i just wanna make sure any of these frames in this time region will fit before we purchase it. thanks!

okay i found that the frames from 92-96 all work. but ive been researching and everyone seems to say that the 1993 bike is one of the best bikes of the cr250s.

my question is what things are different from the 1992 to the 1993 bike that make it better? we are rebuilding the whole thing, so any improvements we can make while doing so will definetly be considered. I know most all parts are nearly interchangeable from 1992-1996, or can easily be done.

okay i found that the frames from 92-96 all work. but ive been researching and everyone seems to say that the 1993 bike is one of the best bikes of the cr250s.

my question is what things are different from the 1992 to the 1993 bike that make it better? we are rebuilding the whole thing, so any improvements we can make while doing so will definetly be considered. I know most all parts are nearly interchangeable from 1992-1996, or can easily be done.

That year frame handled the best of all the Honda frames, past or present (the 3rd gen Aluminum frame came close though). It's like the Suzuki frame of the Hondas (super sharp handling etc... @ the expense of high speed stability).

I say go for the 93 frame :banana: