Need help on buying new axle...

Thanks for at least clicking on my thread. I made a thread earlier "Wobbly ATV After Crash", and I have found out that I had bent my axle. I'm pretty good at working on my motocross bike, but when it comes to shaft drive axles, I have no idea. Can you give some tips on how to replace the axle, and what all to buy after I bent my axle? (gaskets, other parts) The ATV is a 2007 Honda TRX250EX. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Link to earlier thread (Wobble ATV After Crash); https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883444

Also, any good strong axles out there better than OEM. I'm keeping as low of a price as possible.

You are going to have to get a service manual, and go through the replacement procedure and see what all is involved. Also, keep an eye out for any special tools that might be required...that you will not have and won't be able to buy off-the-shelf just anywhere. Good idea to replace any seals or whatever, but besides the axle itself there shouldn't be any other major parts needed.

This is an entry level machine, so there isn't going to be an aftermarket for it like there is for the high end models. I think you will be stuck getting the axle and other parts from a dealership.....

Like I said in your previous post, I have one sitting in my garage with a bent axle, so I am looking at the same issues in the near future! Dealer said it will be around $500 for the axle, and add a couple hours labor to that if they do it. That is probably the route I will go, seeing I never seem to have the time for projects like this.