Anyone here that rides street also...

Like someone mentioned in your other post.. a Suzuki SV650. Cheap (plenty of used ones out there), great on gas, handles well, easy on tires, low maintainence, and a real street bike for the 10 mile section of your ride. Also competent bikes for weekend twisties fun.

I'd recommend staying away from cruisers unless your commute is straight line only. I've rode several different brands/types of cruisers, and every one of them handled like cows in any kind of corners.

Motards and Dual Sports, I dunno. If it's what you want, I guess they're alright. But no matter what you do to/with them, they're always going to be a compromise on the street.

Whatever you get though, have fun and ride safe.:banana:

There's also this one - doesn't have the accessories, but similar price and a lot newer: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/1639937445.html

I'd go have a look at that one.

Look closely at the rims for tire changer scratches, an SV650 with 11K on the ticker should only be on it's second set of tires at the most, possibly still on the OEMs. Should have the OEM chain & sprockets in good shape (sign of good chain maintainence, and possibly overall good maintainence). Oil drain plug should show signs of having a socket on it a few times (by 11K, my bikes have had at least 4 oil/filter changes).

SV650s are great little bikes, with proper care last forever, and should do anything you would need it to do.

Let us know how it goes.:banana: