Sign in to follow this  

lowered dr650?

I just purchased a 2004 dr650 with 2100 miles. Looks like it could of just rolled off the showroom. The previous owner was the second owner and knew of no alterations. The seat is the lower gel seat. I noticed that the spring preload was set to the maximum, I set it to the middle of the range which lowering the bike. Now the bike is almost vertical with the side stand to long. The shock linkage is set to the bottom hole. I am used to riding tall bikes and would like to set it back to stock with a regular height seat. How? Thanks

The service manual has a section on how to lower the DR650. If you lower it you need a new kick-stand and it requires taking the front tubes apart to change things around in the shock tube before you lower the rear shock.

Spent several hours on the search engine here and at advrider and have decided that the bike has probably not been lowered. The shock linkage is on the bottom hole, the little clip is in place. I will max out the shock preload to raise the bike height and make the center stand uasable again. Thanks