Sign in to follow this  

CRF150F choke circuit gone.

Okay, I thought this would be easy. Turns out, I can't figure it out. Pulled the carb and gave it a thorough cleaning. Installed a BBR pipe, power up kit, and added a 42 pilot and 110 main jet. I'm basically at sea level. Just for the heck of it, I kept the choke off (Butterfly open) and it started after just one kick. I rode it around the neighborhood to get it nice and warm and adjusted the air screw and idle to get the idle circuit working great. Rode it again and everything was perfect. Put the bike up and went out the next day. I turned the choke on (Butterfly closed) and I get nothing. I kick and kick, yet it won't start. I put the choke half way and it starts right up. Turn the choke off (Butterfly open) and works great again. Let it sit for an hour. Turn the choke on (Butterfly closed) and it won't work. In short, when I turn the choke on, the bike won't start. It even cuts the bike off when I start it and turn the choke on. Did another full carb clean with the same results. How did I lose my choke circuit and how can I get it back?