M401/M404 Tire Combo?

The previous owner of my 2007 Kx250f had the Bridgestone M401 front tire on and a Michelin Starcross 450 size tire on the back. I did my research and read that the 450 size tire on a 250 causes some drag and a tad bit more load which makes complete sense. I would like to buy a 250 size rear tire (100/90/19). What do you guys think about keeping the M401 in front and slapping on an M404 on the rear? I know it's best to keep the corresponding tire combo...

My reason for asking is because I no longer see the M401 or M402 for sale on motosport or rockymountain, does Bridgestone no longer make these tires and substituted them for the M403 and M404's? Thanks

Ok... it appears I should have done a little more research than I originally did. I read in two different threads that the M403/404's are the replacements for M401/402's.

So my question of whether or not running my M401 front with M404 rear would be the same as the original M401/402 combo seems to be answered.

Seeing as M401's are no longer made, I'm suprised at how much thread is still on it, he must have gotten it right before the transition I suppose.

The only question I have left now is a matter of everyones opinions.... my rear tire still has decent tread left on it.... should I stick with my rear Michelin 450 size 110/90/19 Starcross Sand 4 tire and Bridgestone M401 front tire? Or is that all together a weird combo? My thoughts were that it was an odd combo the previous owner had on there, but plenty of people on here know alot more than I do so any opinions will be appreciated.

just use the tires to the rear wears out,then put a new 403/404 combo on. no need to worry so much. the 404 rear has a 110/80 19 tire of choice for many just picked on up will give ride reviw in future. one of my friends uses it and loves it. ost pros used it last year.