Sign in to follow this  

Oklahoma lawton mx

whats the word on this track? I was in Wichita falls about 8 yrs ago and went up there to watch a race. I coming back to wich falls next month for about a month. I'm a quad & mini bike racer wondering if I should bring my bikes with me. Anyone have any good info? I checked thier website but its way outdated.

I am stationed at Sill so I'll be looking into if they are still running.... be back tomorrow and I'll post what I find.

Lawton just updated thier website and I called them. Theyre running practice on tues evenings and they told me they might have 1 race scheduled in the apr-may timeframe, theyre still working on it I guess. I also called Lawton motorsports and a guy there told me theres not much for quad racing around there.

I gotta a cousin whos at Ft Sill, she married some dude who got stationed there. Let me know if you find anything out. Thanks.

Fort Sill has an OHV area called the "Pig Farm". Bikes just have to check in and ride! ATVs have to have the ATV safty course and might have to be registred. I am going to check it out next weekend and might try the track this coming Tuesday if my back is feeling up to it.

Went to the MX track last Tuesday. I had a blast during the 2 10-15 min sessions. I could of ran up to 4 but I was having trouble hanging on after the first 5 min. This was the first time sence 2002 I have been on a bike so I did ok just surviving :thumbsup: .

The track is kinda short but makes up for it with some awsome jumps and obstacles. I could only clear two jumps consistantly (could not hang on to bars out of the corners to accelerate fast enough). I'm going to try to head back out on the Apr 6th and start making changes to my set up.

cool, looks like they updated their website again with some race dates. hopefully they'll have enough quads to make a class. I heard they dont get many quads out there anymore.

There were at least 7 there lastnight. 2 guys were in the expert range, the rest looked like they were there just to have fun.

I am starting to get used to the bike again after 8 years of not riding. I am going to make some changes to and hopefully get a little more comfortable, but overall I did much better than my first ride. 2nd time on the bike (or any bike) in over 8 years and my arms are killing me.