Sign in to follow this  

Texas Lawton MX/Bowie?

whats the word on this track (Lawton)? I was in Wichita falls about 8 yrs ago and went up there to watch a race. I coming back to wich falls next month for about a month. I'm a quad & mini bike racer wondering if I should bring my bikes with me. Anyone have any good info? I checked thier website but its way outdated. What about Bowie's track?

I saw that, but not much info on there. as in hows the track? I called them and of course they say the track is good. He told me a few months ago that they were adding to the vet track to make it better but theres nothing on the website about it so I thought I'd see if anyone had ridden there. Is there any ATV or mini bike racing around wichita falls? Any vintage mx races?

I was at Bowie today. The place is awesome. They have a nice vet track if you're not the insane type and the dirt on it was great. The main track is a monster, but the dirt is great. Usually not too many people there and everyone is friendly. The track owner is especially nice and walks around encouraging riders of all levels. They've got all the equipment to maintain the track well and definitely take good care of it. The port-o-potties were even clean!

I'll definitely be back, though I need to let this wrist heal up a bit, lol. Word to the wise, haul balls through the sand section or it will eat your lunch :thumbsup: slow + sand = not a good combo.

what is 'a monster'? I dont think they allow quads on the main track anyway. Did you ride the vet track? I think thats the only one they allow quads on. big jumps? high speed? Whoops? Thanks for the info. Any minibike stuff around there?

dscn0059z.jpg

dscn0065y.jpg

(not me btw, lol)

And a video in case your interested:

http://vimeo.com/8245963

70 MPH straight aways into 150 tables. A sand section that makes you wish you brought a paddle tire and rutted sections that can only be traversed basically in a full wheelie. Add to that a swarm of 450's haulin' like it's the final moto of nationals and that's what I call I monster, lol.

The vet track was about all I rode, lol. Not big jumps, but definitely some cool ones. There's some doubles and some cool tables and it's pretty fast. There was a kid there on a quad the day I was there and he was haulin and gettin' some serious air on the vet track.