Sign in to follow this  

Which of these bike should I buy?

these are all directly from the listed ad on craigslist.

a 2000 CR125 that runs good.

Has new clutches,skidplate,full fmf exhaust,aftermarket triple clamps,big bars,and new brakes. for 1300

a 1999 yz125 for sale. Looking to get between 800 to 900 for it. Just put a new top end in, only a few hours on it. listed price $

2001 RM 125 Mostly stock RM 125

Recent items added, left side Radiator, new black plastic, Bars, Grips and clutch and brake levers. listed price $1000

or a a 2002 ktm 125sx for sale. Clean bike never raced always taken care of kept in a basement for the winters. Many upgrades to bike including exhaust, sprockets, chain, handle bars. seat, gas cap, and graphics. listed price $1200

what do you think this is for my dad and im not sure which bike is best for him, hes 5'10 about 170 pounds, not going to ride mx just trails but he wants a mx bike. thanks

I would go with the yamaha. I hear late older CR125s had a very finicky carb, and that the KTMs had bad suspension back then(or so I hear). I don't know anything about the suzuki though. Since the guy put a new radiator and plastic on, beware that it may have issues. The bike may have been abused and those parts were put on just o it could sell. I've seen it before.

Since the YZ is cheaper, you'll have some cash left over to buy a few parts to make it more trail friendly.

I'm a dad and just started riding as well. I have a 2006 YZ 125 and love it.

However, from the list you gave...I would buy the KTM if all of the bikes are in similar condition. Otherwise, buy the one that is in the best condition.

The KTM has the strongest motor of the bunch and seems more woods friendly compared to the die-hard mxer's that the other bikes seem to be.

older Suzuki's have terrible top end and are expensive to fix. I used to own an older Yamaha (1999)nothing but junk parts from oem were expensive and things couldn't go worse after 700 dollars and still another 400+ to go i broke down and sold it. I am a big fan of ktm i would go look at it keep in mind they are not cheap to fix but a blast to ride especially in the woods and for 1200 probally a good deal. As for the honda i took a look at a 2000 and loved it but i got a better deal on a 99 which i now own and i couldnt love it more with all the new parts he mentioned sounds like a good deal. I would go check out the honda and ktm though.