Sign in to follow this  

kickstart on 525exc

my kickstart has come off from trying to get the bike started after 10 mins, and looking at it ive cracked it/ split at the bottom. what i would like to know is how is it supposed to stay on without a pinch bolt going thru it to keep it on the splins im baffled or am i missing something?

it has a bolt that goes on over the end and into the center of the shaft. Your bolt must have broken off or fallen out.

it has a bolt that goes on over the end and into the center of the shaft. Your bolt must have broken off or fallen out.

sh*t ,your right its snapped, how am i gonna get the rusted in remains out off the end shaft:confused:

I used to drill it and use an easy out. But i now have left handed drill bits. They grab and unscrew the bolt while you are drilling. One time I had to use the next larger size after a pilot was drilled. It then grabbed in the first few seconds and came out. I got my cheap set at Harbor Freight for $10 or so.

cool it worked for me too got cheap extractor drill bits for about £2.80 from screwfix job done. just wondering if i can just buy the lower part of the kickstart and the bolt for the centre of shaft or can you only buy it complete ?