Sign in to follow this  

CRF230F Engine Temp.

What is the normal engine temp for this bike, and what should be the max?

I asked this question last year about the 150F and never really got a definite answer. I would check my temp, around the base of the plug, once in a while and it would always be around 265 degrees F.

What did you use to check the temp? Even with lots of re-jetting, mine seens to be running a wee bit hot

The hottest mine ran today was 209 around the spark plug area. I was only running it up and down the road for bout 3 min. and the weather was around 45-50*. Will post tomorrow when I go ride and after 20 min.

After my bike is warmed up, it can get to ~105 C but if I'm going slow such as through bush then it can get up to ~120 C. The weather here is about 30 C and the bike is jetted correctly. If I ride the bike non-competitively then the temp may not reach over 100 C too.

i have an 07 230 that has been rejeted and it seems to run hot as well. Does anyone else seem to think their bike is running really hot when ridden hard. What do you use to chech the temp

i have an 07 230 that has been rejeted and it seems to run hot as well. Does anyone else seem to think their bike is running really hot when ridden hard. What do you use to chech the temp

The bike will always "feel" hot

These bikes are pretty bullet proof.. As long as you don't stand still letting it run, or have it jetted lean, they shouldn't have any problems

I'm using a laser temp gun that I borrowed from my dad garage since he's a Ford mechanic.

I'm using a laser temp gun that I borrowed from my dad garage since he's a Ford mechanic.

I have 3 infrared temp guns that I used to use with my nitro R/C trucks. They are very accurate and handy to have around.

I have 3 infrared temp guns that I used to use with my nitro R/C trucks. They are very accurate and handy to have around.

LOL my dad was wanting to purchase years ago for work but he wouldn't use it often and I got into nitro rc cars and trucks as well so he said what the hell I'll get one.

LOL my dad was wanting to purchase years ago for work but he wouldn't use it often and I got into nitro rc cars and trucks as well so he said what the hell I'll get one.

So you're curious about your bikes engine temp for the same reason I am. :banana:

Yea lol, are you using a fuel screw with the t handle dealio on it? Just checking to see which one I should buy thats good. I figured I might as well get one soon so I can make quick adjustments.

Yea lol, are you using a fuel screw with the t handle dealio on it? Just checking to see which one I should buy thats good. I figured I might as well get one soon so I can make quick adjustments.

I had a "T" handle fuel screw and I could not jet the bike adjusted right with it installed. It was acting like my pilot jet was too rich or lean, I can't remember which. I just keep a small flat head screw driver with a good wide tip on it with me.

On a side note I have a lot of Revo bashing videos online from a few years ago.

IMO there shouldn 't be any reason to be making 'quick adjustments' to the fuel..

It should be a one time set and forget.. MAYBE change if you change elevation BIG TIME, or maybe change it in the winter/summer

I never touch my fuel mixture, I just get my bike running great, and it stays that way.. :banana:

I rarely adjust mine but there has been times when I've needed to make a small adjustment. It's usually when the outside temperature has dropped or gone up a lot and/or a big drop or increase in humidity. It probably doesn't need to be adjusted but I still check it.

So the bike should be running on the hot side? Beacause mine cooks! The tie holding my clutch cable broke last year and my pipe cooked right through it. I have the idle set REALLY low now and it seems to be a little better.

an exhaust will always 'feel' hot, the engine and exhaust should always BURN your hands...

Some bikes the exhaust will glow red, it's more then enough to burn through your pants, or burn a clutch cable, that's all normal

It's just like your car, the engine and exhaust feel blazing hot the touch haha :banana:

Should i find some header wrap because i have a weird fear of burning my leg off. Im not sure where it comes from but its there

Should i find some header wrap because i have a weird fear of burning my leg off. Im not sure where it comes from but its there

If you have the stock exhaust with teh heat shield there shouldn't be any problems

As long as you already ride in pants, and you should be wearing boots, you shouldn't ever have to be concerned with burning yourself

However wrapping the header can't hurt, but could make the pipe rust out quicker :banana: