Sign in to follow this  

buying a neck brace ???

hey guys im stuck on which neck brace to buy. I am looking at the leatt brace moto gpx club or the new alpinestars sb neckbrace . they are only like a 100 or so dollars difference i just want some positive and negative feedback about either . thank you

I have the leatt and love it. Never had any problems with it and I would never ride without one. Some people say they break collarbones but I don't see how unless you sized it wrong. I don't have and experience with the astars but by looking at one in the store parts of it seemed to be made out of styrofoam and I don't really like that. IMO the leatt is worth the extra money.

I have the leatt and love it. Never had any problems with it and I would never ride without one. Some people say they break collarbones but I don't see how unless you sized it wrong. I don't have and experience with the astars but by looking at one in the store parts of it seemed to be made out of styrofoam and I don't really like that. IMO the leatt is worth the extra money.

"seemed to be made out of of styrofoam" and actually being made of styrofoam are two different things. look at the design of both braces. if you actually crash hard, and a paramedic needs to remove the brace, the alpinestars comes off muuuch easier. cant say the same for the leatt.

ive owned the leatt gpx, the alpinestars carbon fiber, and the sb.. the SB is by far the best value out of the 3, and the carbon fiber one is the lightest. the leatt imo was way too big and i could never really "forget" i had it on. The aplinestars braces suit me perfectly, and face it. a brace isnt supposed to look great or fancy. its supposed to save your neck. the aplinestars brace does that, and is just the better design, well imo

Why no mention of the EVS neck brace? It is a very nice brace. After 5 minutes of 1st wearing it, you don't even know it's on. It might have even saved me from a neck injury, because a few times, I landed face first on the ground. But I never know unless I didn't have the brace. But I don't want to know.

Seems like it depends on your neck. If you have a tall neck the alpinestar seems a little low. If you can try both on do so, take your helmet too. They both are nice braces and just a matter of personal preference.

"seemed to be made out of of styrofoam" and actually being made of styrofoam are two different things. look at the design of both braces. if you actually crash hard, and a paramedic needs to remove the brace, the alpinestars comes off muuuch easier. cant say the same for the leatt.

ive owned the leatt gpx, the alpinestars carbon fiber, and the sb.. the SB is by far the best value out of the 3, and the carbon fiber one is the lightest. the leatt imo was way too big and i could never really "forget" i had it on. The aplinestars braces suit me perfectly, and face it. a brace isnt supposed to look great or fancy. its supposed to save your neck. the aplinestars brace does that, and is just the better design, well imo

Couldn't agree more. I like my Astars much better than my leatt. Keeps a much lower profile on my shoulders and has almost zero helmet interference. Personally I'm much happier with an Astars on my neck. To me it's just more comfortable as well. I will say, the leatt did infact save me from a cervical neck injury. I broke my back in crash a little while back and how the breaks were progressing up my back, it would've almost been certain that I would've had some sort of cervical neck injury if I had not been wearing a brace, so they do infact work!

I really lie my EVS brace! For the price, it provides the best support. The outer structure cradles your helmet better than even the higher end models.

Check it out!

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688823

If you ever become a human "Lawn Dart" I think you'll be hard pressed to find a better brace.

My only complaint is: I have it installed on my chest protector and the velcro is a pain (Scrapes my ears) when taking it off.

But I have no complaints while wearing it.:banana: