Sign in to follow this  

sticking throttle

I know its been posted before... but i have problems with my throttle sticking,

so what is the easiest cheepest way to get it to return cause other wise it slowly returns...

:banana::banghead::lol::banghead:

Its gunk, dry cable or frade cable. Check your cable first and if its dry then lube it. If you don't have a cable luber duber, then take it off the bike, lay it in a pan of oil over night and the next day work the cable in the oil. Frade, chunk it and get a new one. Clean the handle bars and tube and make sure the tube is not to tight on the end of the bars.

I would start by pulling the throttle tube off the bars and make sure you don't have a bunch of crud hangin around in there... or a wad of grip glue... clean it up and give it a light coat of grease... have a good look at your throttle tube if its plastic and make sure it's not all cracked up. Lube ur throttle cable... check to make sure your throttle return spring is working right. Then you can make sure the cable isn't bound up or routed wrong. If all is well there... then your throttle is hanging not sticking... that would be a jetting issue with your idle circuit.... that is a whole new can of worms..... but so far it hasn't cost you a penny to fix!!!

make sure your cables are adjusted properly(it has 2 cables and each has to be adjusted) you do this at the carb , loosen the little locknuts and loosen both cables till there is play , now your throttle should be free and easy to use , now adjust the pull cable till there is about a 1/4" play , then do the same to your return cable , and your throttle should return with ease and have the proper free play !

If you tore it down and the throttle become slow to return, check the cable routing.

I know this is an old thread, but if this answer doesn't help you LIBBY91, then it may help someone else.

Sometimes it is as easy as the fact that you have not tightened up evenly the screws that hold the throttle onto the handle bars. Tighten them up unevenely (one done up all the way and the otherone just a little bit) and 9 times out of 10 the throttle will stick. Just keep adjusting the balance of the 2 screws and it will free up the throttle. This may not be your problem but it may be someone elses.