help with chinese transplant

hey guys thanks for looking. I have an 03 xr 50 with the tb 88 kit and two brothers pipe. I just put it all together a few weeks ago and im not to happy with it. So what i think i want to do now is go with a bigger motor. im thinking of going with a lifan 140 or the gpx 150. so my question is how hard is it to convert it to one of these? also are these good motors and how much power will they have over the tb88cc. one more thing is will my pipe fit this motor. Any and all input on this subject would be great help.

one last thing has anybody ever bought from outlaw motorsports or does anyone know where i can get the motor for a goo price.

thank you very much

What 88 kit did you get? Did you get a carb, what about a race head?

The 88 kit alone isn't a big increase in power, it takes the carb and race head with cam to really wake it up

The GPX and lifan motors are bad ass, they are the best bang for the buck. I'd say they are pretty damn reliable, I'm just not sure HOW reliable. My friend has a lifan 125 he put a big bore 140 on, on his 50, and it's RIDICULOUSLY fast.. And was way cheaper then building a 108 stroker honda motor..

I gotta say I love my stage 3 88 kit with 20mm carb and ported race head, inner rotor kit, and 4 speed tranny. Wanting to soon upgrade it to a 117cc stroker with a 24-26mm carb :banana::worthy:

i have the same kit as you except for the inner rotor kit and the 4sp tranny. I cant seem to get rid of the low end bog with it up to half throttle. im also dissapointed with the top speed of it. I want a clutch and a 4speed and by the time i get the stuff to make this motor that i will hve spent a fortune. plus i dont think i will ever get it tunrd in properly. i tried all the jettings and could not get it. i even talked to my local dealer and they said they had the same problem on all the kits they put together. thats why i want to do the motor swap and i dont have to pay somebody to do it.

11 horsepower has to be more than the 88 stage 3.

I picked up a rolling chassis and lookin at doing same with a Lifan 140 motor $299 can't beat that. Just don't know how reliable like you said

yeah

I think they are bad ass motors, I'd just be careful on not trying to overheat them or push them too hard

I abuse the hell out of my honda motor, doing wide open throttle burnouts all the time, riding wide open at max rpm for minutes on end lol

I just wouldn't treat a knock off like that, maybe take care of it like you would a normal bike and not run it into the ground!

just my 2 cents :banana: