Sign in to follow this  

Next upgrade for my bike

I have a 07 yz250f and i just got the suspension done. I want to do the next worthy upgrade but i dont know what. I dont want to take apart my engine, just bolt ons really. Any advice?

Thanks!!

Of you only want bolt ons the only thing I can think of would be a pipe or carb mod. If you so either of these take MRD for the exhaust and Tokyo mode for the carb

My unbreakable levers from Sunline have not broken yet. Many falls, tip overs, bike flipping over the track crashes and such. Still perfect.

Except 2 weeks after I first got them the bike tipped over in the driveway. They bended, had to replace. Otherwise they are perfect.

The best mod you can do to a bike is suspension.

These bikes out of the box have great power, an exhaust really is not necessary. And unless you get nuts with motor mods etc. you will not notice a huge improvement in power.

That being said I get the suspension done then move onto ...

-Number Backgrounds

-Rad Braces

-Bars and levers

-Footpegs

-Graphics

(Usually I luck out and buy bikes with most of this done and then some)

Save the rest of my money for tires and rebuilds.

The best mod you can do to a bike is suspension.

These bikes out of the box have great power, an exhaust really is not necessary. And unless you get nuts with motor mods etc. you will not notice a huge improvement in power.

That being said I get the suspension done then move onto ...

-Number Backgrounds

-Rad Braces

-Bars and levers

-Footpegs

-Graphics

(Usually I luck out and buy bikes with most of this done and then some)

Save the rest of my money for tires and rebuilds.

agreed. Performance wise I only have a piston and a pipe. I was tossing around the idea of cams, but not sure yet. More or less I've been buying some ebay parts and saving a lot of money. Timing plugs, rad hoses, etc. All new too.

When you do a top end in it, consider going to the OEM 2008+ piston. It is a 13.5:1 compression ratio, which will help with a little more snap in the low end, as well as a little more in the middle. Wiseco also makes great stuff. I ran one of their 13.5:1 pistons in my 08. Also, the 08+ OEM footpegs are nice and wide for better control. Those would also be a nice upgrade.

Get the Sunline MDX Forged Flex Levers! They don't affect performance of course but they're 10x better than ASVs because they bend up and down, as well as back making them virtually impossible to break. I got a pair over a year ago and I love them.

When you do a top end in it, consider going to the OEM 2008+ piston. It is a 13.5:1 compression ratio, which will help with a little more snap in the low end, as well as a little more in the middle. Wiseco also makes great stuff. I ran one of their 13.5:1 pistons in my 08. Also, the 08+ OEM footpegs are nice and wide for better control. Those would also be a nice upgrade.

I would go with a JE 13.5 compression, they are better then stock pistons. Also, suspension and tires are the best things that can be done for a bike. I would not know about the suspension because mine is going out next week to get revalved. but i put new michelin ms3's on and i cannot wait to try them. One more bolt on that has not been mention is either a boyessen or procircuit aftermarket water pump.

I would go with a JE 13.5 compression, they are better then stock pistons. Also, suspension and tires are the best things that can be done for a bike. I would not know about the suspension because mine is going out next week to get revalved. but i put new michelin ms3's on and i cannot wait to try them. One more bolt on that has not been mention is either a boyessen or procircuit aftermarket water pump.

You'll love the MS3's. I prefer the MH3's only for durability reasons. I've recently been running pirelli mx Xtra's. Almost say pattern as michelin but I can get them a lot cheaper. I too am waiting for my suspension to come back from a revalve/respring. I've yet to get some air time on the kxf. Suspension was too unpredictablely setup for me from the previous rider.