Sign in to follow this  

525 sputtering at low rpms

got an 06 525. Just adjusted the valves. Got an jd jetting kit in there with the oring mod and a after mkt air mixture screw.

Lately at low rpm its been sputtering and or cutting out like its starved for fuel. Not always...just sometimes. Seems to always happen only on a hill when I need it most:banghead:. One of my riding buddies suggested to lossen the carb, swivel it and open the bowl up to spray a bunch of carb cleaner in there in case somethings dirty. I was gonna try this. Any other suggestions?

that wont do any good at all. If the jets are clogged they have to come out. The main and pilot come out thru the main plug on the bottom tho so its easy.

that wont do any good at all. If the jets are clogged they have to come out. The main and pilot come out thru the main plug on the bottom tho so its easy.

exactly why it didnt sound right to me either. Thats why I posted to confirm my suspicion. thanks

What number are your jets, how many turns out on your idle screw and what needle clip position and color are you running? Assuming blue needle.

Also how does your sparkplug look?

I'm running 185 main 42 pilot and 3rd clip on blue for my 05 525.