Sign in to follow this  

Fitting the Vforce 3 reed block 2008 RM250

When fitting the Vforce reed block the instruction dont mention fitting the alloy spacer which is fitted with the stock reed block.

Should this alloy spacer be fitted with the Vforce 3?

I used the reed spacer in mine. Somebody else posted that they contacted the company in regards to this. I don't remeber the outcome. Try searching this forum for V-force reed spacer.

Unless the instructions say to remove it, then leave it in place.

Unless the instructions say to remove it, then leave it in place.

Just curious, what year model did they started putting that stock spacer on those bikes ?...Dr.D..

The instructions dont say to remove it but the fitting instruction dont show the spacer being fitted either.

The instructions dont say to remove it but the fitting instruction dont show the spacer being fitted either.

That does kind of muddy up the water. I would still leave it in, you can always pull it after a ride, or maybe just email Vforce and see what they say.

I really do not know when the spacer (ie "the torque plate") showed up but I'm guessing that it was just an '07 and '08 deal.

I had the exact same question, can you let me know what the outcome was? I just emailed them a few minutes ago, bike is apart ready to have this thing installed!

Thanks,

Chris

The response was......

You can use it or not. Most people like it installed as it lowers the hit and makes better bottom.

Best Regards