Sign in to follow this  

Brake lights not working - Help on part name/buy location

Hi There!

I have been working hard on my WR250F since I first got it.

I had blinker troubles around 2 weeks ago and some great people on here helped (Flasher can AND I found some bad wiring from past owner) and now all blinkers are great!

I have no brake lights for front or rear.

I've decided to replace the "thingy" on the front and rear brake.

I use "thingy" as I'm not sure what it's called and I can not find it in the OEM parts diagram to buy a new one (two actually). I have taken a photo and maybe someone here can help with a name, or model number or where to buy? Please?

RearBreak.jpg <--- Rear brake - The RED part with two wires.

FrontBreak.jpg <--- Front brake. Same thing. I know what they are - They're the part that sends current/brake status to fuse --> rear light. I just can't find anything.

THANK YOU!

They are brake pressure switches. They only come on the bikes in Aus i think (probably why they weren't on the parts diagram), ask your dealer. You should be able to get them there. Also both of them have been cut, explaining why they won't work. They have a problem with braking, i've broken one on mine. I never replaced it though, but i do think that the dealers should stock them. The brakes will definately have to be bled after installation as well.

Thanks! I would rather find somewhere online.

I despise the dealers around me.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

As for them being cut.... The front was me :banana:

The rear isn't cut, just folded down and behind.

I have just found some online (eBay). I have a quick question: Whats the thread of the brake union bolt? Thread size M10 x 1.25?

Edited by kingoddball
ebay!!!!!