Sign in to follow this  

290 BB guys, whats your carby settings ? JD etc ?

my bike is due back this week and was 185mj/42pj/ FS 2 turns out/red needle on 5th clip..on stock 250 piston ..so with 290 bb kit ??????

so what settings are you 290 blokes running ? and whats been your best results ? i am in high humidity and 28-35 deg celcius most of yeasr although its cooling down to 20 ish and 60% humidity so may go blue needle now heading into aussie autumn..

your settings if you will !

:banana:

The settings have changed over the years but you will likely end up going leaner; 1 or 2 smaller m.j. leaner f.s. setting and maybe leaner needle position.

here are my settings with an Athena 290 kit

Yamaha WR250F 06

(Main jet) 175

(Pilot jet) 42

(Idle jet) standard

(Needle) JD Red

(Needle position) 3rd rung from top

(Fuel/air screw) 1.5 turns out

(Leak Jet)40

(Additional mods that will effect jetting) Airbox cut outs,

(Any extra info) Powerbomb header & Q4 silencer

Ap timing adjusted as per manual and screwed out 1full turn further.

altitude 0-500

temp 0-20 degrees C

Mine is an 02 so my jetting probably wouldn't be right for you.

its good info to compare though.. i was told that i may need to go down a size so i will try the 175-180 main in it as i am in much higher temps here in oz, winter is 15-25 and summer ip to 35 !! but thanks for that , it gives me something to go by !

ps feckless, i am a scots bloke and i would have thought the blue needle would have been better in the less humid Uk climate ? JD reckons red needle for high humidity ?

Rab i ran it with blue needle as JD says but it wouldn't pull clean off the bottom. tried raising n lowering needle to no avail.

tried the red needle and it worked a treat.

that sounds right, i think they run better with a leaner side to them rather than rich ! makes sense to me ! i may try that setup and see whats what as i found it a bit wooly when rich, lean is definitely snappier ! just need to be careful and get right balance as i have an iridium plug in mine and they are known for not showing the mixture as well as a normal plug would ! :banana:

bikes coming back this week ! anymore wanna throw in their settings on their wr290f bikes ? :thumbsup: