Sign in to follow this  

TT store ridiculous shipping has me not even able to sleep

its 1:40am and the price I paid earlier for shipping has me so pissed off that im having trouble sleeping.

I had a friend come across some money recently so money wasnt an issue, hes also kinda dumb with his money so he paid it anyways, but im still very frustrated.

he needed new power valve parts for his rm80. it was a handful of small parts + the PV cover. not a big package, nor was it heavy. all could be stuffed into a 4x8 inch bubble envelope mailer and shipped for an actual price of around 10-15$.

it was 33$ worth of parts. about ten, 1-4$ items. literally a handful of tiny parts... and what does TT store want for shipping to canada? the cheapest option was a whopping fricking 66$!!!!!! :banana::foul::banana: the other options were 200$+ just to be shipped to canada!! what a joke!

I can understand those prices for getting a frame + engine shipped to the middle of the sea, or deep into the amazon rain forest, but for a handful of 2$ parts to be shipped 30 minutes north of the border, what a rip off. I was so pissed off I didnt want to order the parts, but my friend really needed them, and money wasnt an issue, so he decided to pay anyways even though I highly advised I could find them elsewhere for cheaper.

so I want to know, w.t.f is up with those prices? the only way to justify that is if its air mail and im getting the parts within 2-3 days, which I HIGHLY doubt is the case. TT store obviously didnt charge me actual shipping and I find that to be complete BS. 66$ shipping for 33$ worth of tiny tiny parts, man am I ever mad right now. I imagine TT store makes 20$ profit off the 33$ in items. then another 40$ profit off shipping!!?!

needless to say this will be the last time I purchase from the TT store, and will never be recommending it to anyone ever again. good job guys, greed just lost you a few more customers :banana::banana::banana::lol:

Give them a call. My guess is the shipping calc "app" barfed at your address.

I think I remember other out of US folks having similar issues. Once you talk to them, they can give you the real shipping price. :banana:

Give them a call. My guess is the shipping calc "app" barfed at your address.

I think I remember other out of US folks having similar issues. Once you talk to them, they can give you the real shipping price. :banana:

good, I sure hope so. the order has already been paid for this afternoon. I will have to call them on monday and hope they can refund me a little bit of the money or something as ive already paid for it, and by the time I can make the call they should have already shipped it out. I guess well see though...

I was going to call it in today, but doubted they were open at 5PM mountain time, and the order I had would have taken forever over the phone as it was 10-12 tiny parts that were 1-2$ each, plus a 16$ PV cover.

make sure you call. they have always been extremely helpful and reasonable with me. i'm pretty sure that was some kind of mistake.

don't email them. just call.

I'd call them up also for an explanation. But I don't think saying that you bought 33.00 dollars worth of product is relevant. I know what you mean when you say you bought 33.00 dollars of items and shipping is twice that, but you are the one that made the order that totalled up to 33.00 dollars. Didn't they give you an estimation on shipping? I work at an auto parts store and we ship to Canada and you guys do get the shaft when it comes to UPS shipping (if that's how TT shipped it). How much to ship is always a question I get asked, and since the size of the box and weight matter so much, it is sometimes hard to guess at shipping before an item is boxed up. I agree with you though, shipping such a lightweight package shouldn't be 66.00 unless it was sent 2 day air by mistake.

If you know the box size, go to ups.com and figure calculated time and cost to see what shipping should be, and what the options are. Maybe you will figure out what could have gone wrong that way and then call them. You will be more informed this way as well.

I agree with you though, shipping such a lightweight package shouldn't be 66.00 unless it was sent 2 day air by mistake.

no it wasnt 2 day air, 66$ was the cheapest shipping option available "priority mail" they called it.

the 2 day air was something like 220$ for shipping!!

I find their shipping is usually 30$ minimum no matter what, even for larger items. but it seems that this time they didnt do a combined shipping and charge me a ridiculous fee.

it was 33$ worth of parts, with shipping it was like 101 USD or 105 CAD and my friend gave me 120$ CAD for 33$ worth of parts... not cool at all. he was desperate though.

The problem was with it being in Canada. UPS and DHL will both ream you quite nicely to cross that border with a box.

I agree with calling tho. cant hurt.

yeah I know canada usually gets very expensive shipping. but the parts I ordered could be stuffed into a bubble envelope. its literally a handful of very small parts, plus a power valve cover that is 3x3 inches... a box isnt required to ship those items IMO. but who knows how they shipped it, I have a feeling that keeping customers happy and costs down isnt their first priority..

I just dont see how it could be 66$, I could ship the exact same package, from canada to the USA for around 10-15$ MAX, which ive done before. so I dont see why it costs 5x that amount coming from the USA into canada... but oh well, I will definitely be calling them tomorrow and seeing what they say.

thanks.

USPS priority mail small box costs $13 to ship anywhere in the world from the US.

USPS priority mail small box costs $13 to ship anywhere in the world from the US.

yes exactly, thank you. thats exactly my point. and a smal box isnt even required for what I ordered, so 13$ is on the max end of the spectrum. I imagine a bubble envelope is somewhere around 8-10$.

heres a list of parts I ordered in case anyone is curious:

23vb1fo.jpg

The only problem may be if the TT store uses UPS. Most retail companies use UPS for convenience and aren't set up for shipping via USPS.

and can I ask why this was moved from the general section to the crf450 forum!?! :banana:

its 1:40am and the price I paid earlier for shipping has me so pissed off that im having trouble sleeping.

I had a friend come across some money recently so money wasnt an issue, hes also kinda dumb with his money so he paid it anyways, but im still very frustrated.

he needed new power valve parts for his rm80. it was a handful of small parts + the PV cover. not a big package, nor was it heavy. all could be stuffed into a 4x8 inch bubble envelope mailer and shipped for an actual price of around 10-15$.

it was 33$ worth of parts. about ten, 1-4$ items. literally a handful of tiny parts... and what does TT store want for shipping to canada? the cheapest option was a whopping fricking 66$!!!!!! :banana::foul::banana: the other options were 200$+ just to be shipped to canada!! what a joke!

I can understand those prices for getting a frame + engine shipped to the middle of the sea, or deep into the amazon rain forest, but for a handful of 2$ parts to be shipped 30 minutes north of the border, what a rip off. I was so pissed off I didnt want to order the parts, but my friend really needed them, and money wasnt an issue, so he decided to pay anyways even though I highly advised I could find them elsewhere for cheaper.

so I want to know, w.t.f is up with those prices? the only way to justify that is if its air mail and im getting the parts within 2-3 days, which I HIGHLY doubt is the case. TT store obviously didnt charge me actual shipping and I find that to be complete BS. 66$ shipping for 33$ worth of tiny tiny parts, man am I ever mad right now. I imagine TT store makes 20$ profit off the 33$ in items. then another 40$ profit off shipping!!?!

needless to say this will be the last time I purchase from the TT store, and will never be recommending it to anyone ever again. good job guys, greed just lost you a few more customers :banana::banana::banana::lol:

Please PM me your order number. Your registration email addy does not hit in our store, so I can't find your order.

No offense, but this is what is called jumping to a comclusion. We've not even had a chance to have a look see at what the issue might be. I have no issues with you have a concern or even asking in our forums but the underhanded accusations are pretty uncalled for. Even worse, YOU hit the "place order" button by your choice, not being happy with the order, then you come to MY site and make a stink about it? That's pretty messed up in my book.

Shipping estimates are a real-time, electronic look-up to delivery agent shipping tables. There is a number of things that can potentially go wrong that could yield incorrect shipping values. For example, we get shipping weights in a bulk file from our distributors. There are 100s of thousands of fields. There is always incorrect info in a file that big.

Also, from our online help files:

When will my order ship and what are my shipping charges?

We ship most international orders within 1-3 business days.

If a particular item takes longer to ship, Availability will be displayed with that item.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT SHIPPING CHARGES

All international orders are shipped via United State Postal Service Global Express Mail, FedEx International Economy and FedEx International Priority. We do not offer any other shipping method for international orders at this time.

In most cases, shipping charges are less than the amount shown during checkout. For international orders, shipping charges are automatically estimated using real-time look-up during checkout. (You will have a chance to review the shipping charges before completing your order or sending payment.) Shipping estimates are based on the number of items you are purchasing and because of this, the more items you purchase at one time the more likely it is that the shipping charges shown are higher than what the actual shipping cost will be.

After your order is placed, we will verify the actual shipping charges before we process your order and charge your credit card. Because of the amount of paperwork (custom forms, insurance forms, etc.) involved with international shipments, a service fee of no more than five dollars may be added to your order. If the actual shipping charges are less, we will adjust your order to charge you the lower amount. If the actual shipping charges are greater than estimated, we will contact you via e-mail to inform you of the actual shipping charges. You must respond to this e-mail before we can process your order.

NOTE: Any duties, taxes, or brokerage fees are the customers responsibility. ThumperTalk.com does not charge, nor are we responsible for duties, taxes, or brokerage fees.

So, two ways to deal with this:

1. allow us the opportunity to address your concerns. We're happy to do this and if is, as requested, pm me your order number.

2. Cancel your order.

I look forward to your reply.

Bryan Bosch

Owner

ThumperTalk.com

The only problem may be if the TT store uses UPS. Most retail companies use UPS for convenience and aren't set up for shipping via USPS.

Camp, I know your trying to help, but you're not. We do NOT use UPS. We use USPS (united states postal service), FedEx and some regional agents for the continental US.

ok guys, I am being taken care of in a prompt and professional manner despite the rude things I have said.

I regret/withdraw what I said earlier about TT being greedy and a rip off, my anger problems got the best of me and last night I finally exploded. it was a simple mistake that was done by a computer and im sure it will be resolved tomorrow. I will post an update once I call them tomorrow around noon.

thanks.

• Like 1

Thx for that. We know that you just want a square deal and that's more than reasonable. Per our agreement, our shipping manager will audit the order tomorrow when he gets in the shop and we'll email you with the skinny and get your approval. :banana:

• Like 1

Then you come to MY site and make a stink about it? That's pretty messed up in my book.

Bryan Bosch

Owner

ThumperTalk.com

1.) I'm really surprised this wasn't moved to another forum or taken down altogether.

2.) Yes, it's your site Bryan, we all know this, but without us, you have no traffic. No traffic means no customers and No traffic means no banner ad sales, etc. I personally think you've done some neat stuff with TT, however.

3.) You could have taken this offline and I'm surprised you didn't.

In short, point being...It's gotta be a win/win. What's that old-school saying - the customer is always right or something?

1.) I'm really surprised this wasn't moved to another forum or taken down altogether.

2.) Yes, it's your site Bryan, we all know this, but without us, you have no traffic. No traffic means no customers and No traffic means no banner ad sales, etc. I personally think you've done some neat stuff with TT, however.

3.) You could have taken this offline and I'm surprised you didn't.

In short, point being...It's gotta be a win/win. What's that old-school saying - the customer is always right or something?

If someone makes it a public issue by starting a thread, we address it in public. We have nothing to hide, so no reason to move or delete. If we did delete, might it appear that we are hiding? So replying to the thread demonstrates that we are not.

#2 has nothing to do with this issue. If you assume I don't understand the two way street TT is, you'd be incorrect. My beef was disagreeing with the terms of an order, choosing to click "buy" anyway, then complaining about it and being called greedy publicly before even having an opportunity to address the concerns. The benefit of the doubt and an opportunity to address before making a conclusion is both fair and reasonable.

I'm very old school and I will always give the customer the attention they deserve. But, because a customer is spending money, they have the right to say/do/act anyway they choose? Not in my book.

For example, occasionally we run into an abusive customer that treats staff like trash, swears at them, etc... I'll refund their money and call it a day before I require my staff to be treated like that. We genuinly appreciate our customer's business and we have years and thousand and thousands of transactions to prove it. But money is not everything.

Regardless, I took care of this on a Sunday, the customer is happy (we had a nice exchange via pm), so I see this as a misundestanding that is now on the right track. You might disagree with my approach and that's ok with me. I do my best to make everyone happy all the time, but we both know that's just not possible.

I think the issue is, there are too many customer service horror stories out there, so often times, people expect that worst when something doesn't as they expected/anticipated. They come out the gate swinging. But, they find out that with us, that's not necessary to get the attention and response they deserve.

Regardless, thanks for your sharing your thoughts.