Sign in to follow this  

07 525 just bought need advice

Just bought a basically new 2007 525. been sitting in a garage for a awhile. Drained the old gas out of everything got her running ran good. Stalled twice just running,second time didn't seem like it wanted to run. Battery is off of it but idk if that would make it conk out like that. Would it?

Also i know these bikes are all corked up with emissions bs. Anyone taken all the tubes and everything off an 07? Is it basically just removing all the extra unescesary tubing and what looks like a fuel catch near the swing arm. I Live at sea level so i would like to jet it as well. Any knowledge on jet sizes etc for sea level riding please let me know.

Any advice or recommendations greatly appreciated.

I just got the same bike 3 months ago,mine just sat too and had 47 miles on it when I got it. Yes you take all the hoses off and the catch can too. You have to plug the little hole in the head too that the small hose coming out of it and going to the small canaster. Hook the fuel vent to the frame elbow. Take the end cap off the muffler and cut the restricter off right it gets bigger.

I use a JDjetting kit but you can use a OCEMP needle,42 or 45 pilot and a 160 main and that will work well too. If you use the JD jet just do what it says. You also need to gear it down. Most like a 14-48, I haven't ridden enough to say yet but right now I have a 13-48 and it is working good.

Good luck, it is a great bike. Also there is good help here and on KTMTalk too.

Ed

I also have he same bike and have had it since new. I installed the JD kit, the CRF450 accellerator pump, 14-48 gearing left the smog intact except for removing the drain puug in the canister. I also uncorked the exhaust and my bike runs Purrfect! it idles, chugs like a tractor on the killer rough and rips snort through the desert and even cruises 75 on the highway. Chances are your battery needs replacing and then try cleaning your carb if the batt doesn't do it. Don't forget to check your valve clearance and check the entire bike over. Mine had several loose fastners from the factory hince the missing kicker somewhere in Moab. Just took her for a 100+ mile D/S ride yesterday after work.

Life is good