Sign in to follow this  

im in ohio anyone up for a trip to twvt (wv )

im planing a dual sport trip to do a part of the twvt i live in lancaster oh 43130 and will be trailering to Charleston wv I have family there and can leave my car/trailer there then will hop on the closest part of the twvt and ride a couple days. days Im looking to go are the march 22-24 either a two day trip or 3 day im up for anything. I will be camping off of bike street legal (xr650r) with full dirt trim if interested pm with your phone so i can give you a call.

Edited by elthugus
spelling

trans west Virgina trail search it on advrider its not really official and i have never done it but thats part of the fun im guessing most is going to be dirt/gravel roads

I'd be interested to know the route. I live in North Central West Virginia and know of some pretty amazing riding in my immediate area, but if this route is truly trans-WV, I'd like to see where/what route you actually take across the state. Looks like you had fun though.

If you come back in a few weeks the weather should be a little more cooperative. If snowed here yesterday and was in the mid 20's when I got up this morning, but spring is coming.

well I cant give you the route you have to get it from intothenew on advrider search twvt over there he will send you the gpsfiles the trail goes from penn. down near 64 then follows about 30 miles north the wv/ky border then into Kentucky and tenn and connects to the tat.(so i have been told) I rode the part of the trail on a xr650r it is doable on any 250-650 bike i would say and gas about every 70 miles if you have a bigger bike 650cc +there is some nasty stuff definitely not the place to learn how to ride your shiny new klr650 but a experienced rider will do fine i rode from matewan over to about 20 miles from Beckley all off road except for maybe 15 miles of back roads