Sign in to follow this  

help please which one

I've rounded up a few bikes in my local paper, now for now lets just assume that they all run fine and where maintained well:thumbsup:, so here they are

I'd just like everyone if you could tell me if they where a bad year or what one you'd buy

YZ 125 2001

YZ 250 2004

RM 250 2000

RM 125 2002

KTM 125sx 2004

KTM sx250 2005

KX 125 2002

KX 125 2003

KX 250 2002

KX 250 2003

thanks in advance:thumbsup:

The newest will be the best...

I would really look at the 2004 YZ250 for a 250,because they seem to be the 250 of choice for off road

and the the ktm 2004 125sx for a 125....(best of the 125s from 2004 I think...)..

I know the 2005 KTM 250SX could be really nice too, but I don't know much about them...

how is your parts availability? of the choices the yz 250 is as reliable as it gets with a pretty usable powerband......and typically cheap to buy

I've got all shops not too far away

yeah the 2004 Yamaha is looking good

i heard kx's under 04 didn't have nikasil plated cylinders and it wears out quick, is this true

i really wanted to find out about the 2000 rm 250

i don't mind a old bike as a 2000 bike is like new to me especially a 2 stroke which manufacturers barely change

I have a 2001 YZ 125, best bike iv ever owned. Iv never had a break down while out riding. Iv pushed that thing like you wouldent believe and shes just tough as nails. It really dependa on the Condition of it when you buy it though, Mine was in awsome shape, they guy before me really knew how to maintain it.

Iv been on a YZ 250 as well, let me tell you, those things are nuts. When i accelerated, no matter what I did I couldent keep the front tire on the ground (Guess it dosent help that im only 140 lbs haha) But they are deff not ffor beginners. Iv been on my 125 for a year and Im still not ready to move up to a 250. So id really think about wether getting a 250 is a good idea. If you feel you have the skill for a 250, have at er. just letting you know what I think of them.

not really sure about what years have have had problems or what, all I know is the 01 YZ 125 is an awsome bike, as for all the others id say keep in the mid 2000's to be safe. Make sure they are in good condition too! Check everything over, and when you are out looking at future bikes, go over them with a fine toothed comb.

i think i can handle a 250 2 stroke, i have rode one before(2001 cr 250) and i feel the 250f is lacking power so i want more.

i know how to check out a bike and wouldnt buy one just because it graphics and looked good

any one know anything about the 2000/2001 RM 250's

do they still have the fiddly waterpumps and bad clutches

are KTM's parts really more expensive, i woulndt mind a 05 ktm 250 at my place, is the 05 kt 250 a good bike, any problems

any one know anything about the 2000/2001 RM 250's

do they still have the fiddly waterpumps and bad clutches

The 2000 still has the internal waterpump, the 2001 does not. Clutch is improved on the 2001, and also looks better (they switched to the new plastics that year).

Get a newer bike, the KTM 250SX (05) or the 04 YZ250.

The newest will be the best...

I would really look at the 2004 YZ250 for a 250,because they seem to be the 250 of choice for off road

and the the ktm 2004 125sx for a 125....(best of the 125s from 2004 I think...)..

I know the 2005 KTM 250SX could be really nice too, but I don't know much about them...

i disagree.

the best maintained will be the best.

get a 250, and get the one in the best shape mechanically.

too many people focus on brand, and year...when in reality both are pretty irrelevant if the bike is in good shape.

id put my '99 yz 250 up against a poorly maintained '09 250 any day of the week.

i disagree.

the best maintained will be the best.

get a 250, and get the one in the best shape mechanically.

too many people focus on brand, and year...when in reality both are pretty irrelevant if the bike is in good shape.

id put my '99 yz 250 up against a poorly maintained '09 250 any day of the week.

:banana: Read this! He wants to know what is best in well maintained condition...

I've rounded up a few bikes in my local paper, now for now lets just assume that they all run fine and where maintained well, so here they are

does anyone know how much more expensive ktm parts are in Australia

the whole reason i am upgrading is cost of maintenance and if there parts are expensive itll be a waste of money for me

yes thats right, i'd prefer a well maintained 96 cr 250 then a 2009 yz 250 thats been rejected.

i really dont care if the bike is old just that it'l be cheap and give less trouble, i wont go however under 1996 unless some 93's are going for a good price

does anyone know about 97' cr 250's and their supposedly bad frame

is it really that bad

does anyone know about 97' cr 250's and their supposedly bad frame

is it really that bad

I had one and weighed about 220lbs. I rode it hard offroad. it was awesome for me, the biggest killer was the frame was so stiff that I had to tighten spokes every couple rides. the setup worked for me. that said, I did not have todays bikes to compare it to back then. if you are a light guy....it is way stiff

Look at the YZ and both of the KTM for sure, test ride all if you can, and research them as well as parts prices...