Sign in to follow this  

CR500 misssing @ high RPM

Ok heres whats going on, 1995 cr 500 ,things I have done so far- checked carb all settings are correct according to specs btw I live in SO_CAL, air cleaner is clean ,I even tried it removed thinking there was to much oil, new gapped spark plug,I even tried alternate plugs= making it run worse.

Fuel mixture is 32-1 honda racing synthetic, plug color is perfect after testing= darkish brown and dry.

The bike runs perfect on the bottom end side , lots of low end torque, also runs descent through 1st - 4th, but the missing occurs in 5th @ the top of the power band.

I have also installed a new set of Boysen Power reeds.

The only thing I can think of maybe the stator is breaking down.

Any advice much appreciated.

Ok heres whats going on, 1995 cr 500 ,things I have done so far- checked carb all settings are correct according to specs btw I live in SO_CAL, air cleaner is clean ,I even tried it removed thinking there was to much oil, new gapped spark plug,I even tried alternate plugs= making it run worse.

Fuel mixture is 32-1 honda racing synthetic, plug color is perfect after testing= darkish brown and dry.

The bike runs perfect on the bottom end side , lots of low end torque, also runs descent through 1st - 4th, but the missing occurs in 5th @ the top of the power band.

I have also installed a new set of Boysen Power reeds.

The only thing I can think of maybe the stator is breaking down.

Any advice much appreciated.

try a new coil