Sign in to follow this  

Fork rebuild.. DRZ SM..

Hi,

DRZ SM uses RMZ250 or RM250 forks??

So if i wanted to get the Pivot Works Fork Rebuild Kit, which set should i go for??

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2009/default.asp?p=713

I know Pivot Works got the Fork Seals kit, but my bushings are worn too..

I was thinking that it's more worthwhile for the whole set..

Thanks many..

Hi,

DRZ SM uses RMZ250 or RM250 forks??

So if i wanted to get the Pivot Works Fork Rebuild Kit, which set should i go for??

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2009/default.asp?p=713

I know Pivot Works got the Fork Seals kit, but my bushings are worn too..

I was thinking that it's more worthwhile for the whole set..

Thanks many..

Are you sure the bushings are worn? My guy at Showa USA says the only time he replaces bushings are when the seals are leaking and dirt has gotten in there.

He just did my forks, said the oil was so clean there was no need to replace seals or bushings. I don't ride in dust much, and I can't imagine on a street only bike you have worn your bushings out from dirt.

On another note, make sure to use light heat if you do split the fork tubes so make slide hammering them apart take less force.

over here, the climate is quite humid and hot..

i just changed my fork oil 2 months ago.. but when i revalve it recently, the oil was quite foamy and darken already..

anyone knows if what set can be used..? i just wanna buy a set to be standby as spares.. it seems a lot cheaper then OEM and saves a lot of hassle on ordering, except for the part where I did not know which kit to buy..

over here, the climate is quite humid and hot..

i just changed my fork oil 2 months ago.. but when i revalve it recently, the oil was quite foamy and darken already..

anyone knows if what set can be used..? i just wanna buy a set to be standby as spares.. it seems a lot cheaper then OEM and saves a lot of hassle on ordering, except for the part where I did not know which kit to buy..

Fork oil will foam more than shock oil.

I betcha 5 dollars the parts are the same as current RM/RMZ parts.

Do a cross ref using OEM suzuki part numbers between bikes on bikebandit or mrcycles.com

ok.. thanks.. my compression chamber uses shock oil now..

much more better now..

will check the OEM part numbers..!! Thanks!!

ok.. thanks.. my compression chamber uses shock oil now..

much more better now..

will check the OEM part numbers..!! Thanks!!

I didn't mean the oil by composition would foam more, it is under less gas pressure than a shock (no pressurized bladder), so it is subject to more cavitation by design

i've done the check..

only the rebound camber uses the same bushings and seals..

the compression camber was all similar but different sizes, i supposed..