Sign in to follow this  

96-04 XR250R exhaust choice

Different exhaust question. Through searches and personal experience, most exhausts once available are no longer available. Especially the quiet pipes now available FMF Q and PC 496 are like mounting a heavy hockey stick (ala KTM) on your bike and are severely suspectable to damage and don't do my light weight and high mass reduction ideas any justice.

This question is specifically about pipe conversion ideas. The pipe must have a spark arrestor and must be quiet 94 db. Looking to use a modern compact (like a maybe a CRF250R) FMF Q4 to mount on my 250.

Any leads or suggestions as most of the available XR slip-ons are HUGE!!!

Thanks Chuck. I was thinking of modding the stock header at the junction and getting it cleaned up. I would then have it ceramic coated after the modification.

I had searched and hoped that some of the companies were still producing a pipe for our bikes (like a good Leo Vince option or a Jardine RT94) but the answer is NO. I wish a great company like MRD http://www.mrd-racing.com/index.html could make a pipe for us that is light, quiet, has a sparky, and tucks right in like the stocker. (He recently made a DRZ pipe and it is a work of art)

This is a bit different exhaust question, so I was hoping that someone would post up and help me out. Not much available for the XR's anymore. Was the pipe from a specific year CRF?

I did a FMF stainless W/aluminum silencer on my 250,lighter,and more power.