Sign in to follow this  

Ontario 2010 cma prov. hs

I was wondering if anyone had or knew the schedule for the 2010 cma provincial hs's. I wanna sign up I dont want to have to travel too long.

There is only one race in the CMA series this year at Ohsweken on July 25th. Don't waste your time. Most venues/clubs have gone away from the CMA and went with the WEC or OOCC route. The WEC requires a race license like the CMA did, the OOCC does not. Sign up for the WEC XC series or do some of the OOCC events.

Me personally will be doing the OOCC series since its more spread out over the season, its a little tough to spend all the money to race every weekend like the WEC spring and fall series schedule.

WEC XC

http://www.worldendurocanada.com/cross_country.htm

OOCC Events

http://www.offroadontario.ca/

what events in Ontario do not require a street legal bike? any? all the sites I visited looked like they had gone this way. this really blows.

Come to that, are there any events HS/Enduro that are not part of the list on the offroadontario website?

I'm looking to get back into it but the red tape is making we think I won't be able with my current set up.

what events in Ontario do not require a street legal bike? any? all the sites I visited looked like they had gone this way. this really blows.

Come to that, are there any events HS/Enduro that are not part of the list on the offroadontario website?

I'm looking to get back into it but the red tape is making we think I won't be able with my current set up.

Lots of events that don't need a street legal bike, all of the OOCC Hare Scrambles, all of the WEC XC races. Most enduros just need a green plate now with only a few exceptions.

If you don't like the Offroad Ontario lineup check out the WEC XC series. Be warned though, the WEC XC series requires you to buy a race license and a bracelet for the electronic scoring..... OOCC does not.

how do the two organizations differ? as in what sort of riders do they draw, which are more competitive, which had the rougher course?

I'm too old to run a real fast race (and too poor to buy a fast bike) but I have been riding some very hard terrain my whole life and want to at least feel challenged. If I had the cash I would love to enter Erzberg just to see how long the bike would last!

Some of the ontario scrambles I see on the internet just look like muddy trail rides - no offence, but what are my best chances to find boulders and trees (that you ride over and not between) and stuff like that.

Thanks

I beleive that the WEC and OOCC scrambles will both be using the electronic time keeping. I think that the WEC ones you can buy for $40 and you get a voucher from Rocher and another dealer for parts or whatever or you can rent it for $20/race.

i'm not sure if it is the same transponder for both series.

theres some info here in the forum under harescrambles.

www.dirtybikesextreme.ca