Sign in to follow this  

CRF450x idle issue

2006 model, bone stock. I let it sit with fuel for too long....again! When will I learn. I pulled the float bowl and found float stuck. I also found all three jets plugged. I pulled them all and cleaned. Bike runs good but will not idle without choke. Also, will not start after warm with choke off. I know that it must be too lean at idle. My question is can I clean the idle circuit w/o removing the crab or do I need to do a complete teardown. I was hoping to quick fix so that I can go riding next weekend. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tracy

Well screw it...bought a FMF jet kit form Rocky Mountain. Will tear down the carb this weekend and give it a good cleaning. I'm not going to do anything but open up the airbox and install larger jets. I'll start with the next size up from stock in the kit. I'll post results here....

WOW! An idiot can rebuild a carb on this bike! Running great now...put in an FMF jet kit and a Twin air filter. The hardest part of the whole job was getting the air filter in and bolted up.

Edited by beerbarrel