Sign in to follow this  

The 125 in the works

Picked up an 03 for my son comin off his 112. The bike is a 2 owner prior to us but was still stock except for pipe. It still had the original tires. Well when we got it home we started going through it. The guy we got it from only rode it a few times last year after he got it. It sat since July or so.

It fires first kick every time but the clutch grabbed real bad. So We started in on initial buying procedures. Drained gas and trans. The gas was stale and the oil came out like liquid JB Weld. So out came the clutch pack. Every plate was froze together and the steels were embedded with friction plate material. Also, come to findout a finger on the basket was broke. Fork seals leaking.

The good part it is, the compression test yielded 210psi.

So, what we have in this so far:

New Universal Eng triple trees, New Pro taper Contours, Basket and clutch kit, new Starcross tires, V-force reeds, Twin air filter, Chain Guide (was worn to bracket), Chain/sprockets on the way, Fork seal getting ordered this week, Graphics being designed.

Now the jetting is absolutely killing me. We can't get it to run right. I'm thinking maybe a dryrotted crank seal, so those are next.

Here's 2 pics of where we're at.

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

112 is gone. Sold it a few weeks ago. We built it and the day he got to race it he hit a kid during the practice. He ended up with a broken arm and surgery and the other kid had a broken back. So that put him out for 8 weeks. Then winter hit and we didn't hit any indoor tracks but once the week before we sold it. He still took a 1st even though his knees hit the bars. He's been riding/racing my 250 since last summer so we decided it's time for a 125. He wanted one so he can run schoolboy.

Here's his first day on the 250.

You can hear my wife in the background ask if it's the 250. Over protective mother thought he was too small for it.

Watch real close on the Universal triples as there was a recall on them. Breaking and cracking. Not sure if all or certain models but people are selling them on e++y real cheap.

Nice SS by the way.

Thanks. It's the wifes. You're good. Most ppl don't even know what it is and you picked it up by seeing the doors.:banana:

Thanks. It's the wifes. You're good. Most ppl don't even know what it is and you picked it up by seeing the doors.:lol:

I'm a bit of a car nut heh... :banana:

Is it a '96?

Watch real close on the Universal triples as there was a recall on them. Breaking and cracking. Not sure if all or certain models but people are selling them on e++y real cheap.

Those were only certain Suzuki (IIRC) models. Has absolutely no relevance to other models.

With a little help...

thebottle.jpg

Throttle in a Bottle.

Nice 125! I gotta get me one of those someday.

Well, here's an update. Did some jetting and tuning. granted the temps are about mid 40's and it'll be 60 and above when we really start to ride/race. But we got it close. It still has a bit of a sputter in the lower rpms. The jetting is the Team Green, 37.5, 400, 2nd clip, screw 1.5 turns. Pro Circuit was the same jets , 3rd clip. It ran better with TG setup.

I still have a 390 and 410 main and a 35 pilot to try but not sure at this point which way to go. the top end screams and doesn't miss a beat. So the main, I think is good. The plug is a nice brown all the way down. Tried air screw adjustments in and out but the 1.5 seemed best.

Here's a vid. Quality may suck at first but Youtube is still publishing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVxO9ItciA4

Nice. You don't see many built LT1's anymore. LSX rules all it seems haha

Yep, had one of those too.

02 Z

02Z28-1.jpg

But here we both redlighted But I did by a full sec. than her. She can cut .00's all night and I got nervous...:banana:

sidebysidednsz2.jpg

Hahahahaha racing the wife at the track, you have one lucky ass kid to have parents as cool as you!

On topic, good job on the bike too! Nice vid! Should put a lid on though... Still, looks like it screams!

Yep, but if you notice, he never even really hit 3rd but once. But otherwise, He wears one religiously. Just a little warming up and getting the bugs blown out. Good lookin out. I believe in them too. saved my arse a few times.