Sign in to follow this  

New bike all done and ready to ride!

Sorry for the usless post but I just got done with my bike and gotta show it off!!! Never had a new bike and am pretty pumped!

08 yz250f

Rekluse auto clutch

Rekluse hand brake

bars moved slightly higher with some spacers and cut 3/4"

Cycra pro bends with triple clamp mounts

Devol skid plate

Moose rad guards

Hour meter

PMB spark arrestor end cap and ultra silent end cap.

#40 leak jet and twin air filter(just cuz i have new ones laying around)

180 graphics preprinted backgrounds

IMS 3.1 gal tank. I had frist ordered the acerbis tank but it didnt work with rad guards and second it had the shrouds molded in and was just bad looking! looked like the bike was pregnant! LOL

There are a few things Id still like to do like getting some sort of speedo/odometer to keep track of miles in enduros, get a battery powered light set (SICASS RACING) and swap out 5th geat for a WR 5th gear just so Im not ringing the things neck when I have to burn the road.

Also Im looking for suspension setting suggestions. Im a 190 lbs(with gear) and am just getting ready to start riding B for harescrambles and enduros. I just kinda figured Id ride it and adjust from there but I dont really know where to start.

newbike1.jpg

Your right, no stock rear brake lever. Rear brake is controled by my left hand. I have a rekluse auto clutch and left hand brake kit.

what exactly is gained from this? Im interested...

With a left hand rear brake you actually have feel for when it locks up unlike with your foot. That and it makes for right hand corners WAY easier when you come smoken into them and need to lock the rear and have a foot out.

With a left hand rear brake you actually have feel for when it locks up unlike with your foot. That and it makes for right hand corners WAY easier when you come smoken into them and need to lock the rear and have a foot out.

I am highly interested in this setup. Could you elaborate on what exact parts were involved and where you purchased them to make this conversion?

order this clutch: https://ssl4.westserver.net/rekluse.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_79_25_36&products_id=75&osCsid=6329fa7e9463df5929e825ff041740a6

and this brake kit: https://ssl4.westserver.net/rekluse.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=118_51_95_53&products_id=212&osCsid=7752da4958555ae1e875f2eaae3d04ab

(if you have a 03 to 09 yz or wr 250f)

that is all exactally right, it gives you alot more rear brake control and yes, you can skid with your right foot out! i got questioned how i was skidding yesterday with a foot out at a track. kinda funny. AND you cant stall your bike. just put it in gear and go.

either way, i really dont think i could ride with out these 2 things. ive been a bicycle rider all my life and just started riding mx bikes 2 years ago and could just never get the cordination of using a clutch and foot brake so i got this stuff and it made my riding improve 100%!!! alot of fun, but id suggest if you can to try it first. ive let a few friends ride my bike and the clutch they are ok with but the handbrake messes everybody up.

oh, and rekluse changed there master cylinder supplier and the new ones suck. i blew my first one out last year and looks like the one i have now is starting to leak. i can see brake fluid residue on my handguard where it must spray out of the seal. gotta call them today and see if i can get another.

but besides all that stuff, yesterday was the first time i rode the bike.....amazing!!!! had to take the silent insert out as it was just too corked up but ill deal with that later. gotta play with the carb alittle and move the suspension around a bit but besides that, its great! the seat is taller than my old bike and i didnt really like that but it might change with playing with the suspension. if not ill try to take a inch out of the foam....oh and i do want taller bars. got some cr highs from a friend. gonna pop those on and see how that is.

I can see me locking up the back wheel everytime I shift lol. For your type of riding I can see how it would be very useful though.

I'm very intrigued by this conversion, and would consider doing this to my YZ, as well. How hard was it to install these items, or did you have a mechanic do it?

I did it all my self. The clutch took about a half hour to a hour to instal and the brake probally a half hour but Ive installed all these things before. If you can follow directions you can install them your self!

I have the rear hand brake on my bike too and I kept the foot brake. Personally I don't see a reason to take it off. In a lot of situations I still use my foot as it comes naturally, plus it brakes harder than the hand lever. I LOVE the hand lever, but wouldn't want to take off the foot lever.