Sign in to follow this  

is there a way to take out the cluth without

yes, there is a way without ant special tools. insert a 10mm or so wrench through the clutch outer part with the open end of the wrench fitting into the clutch center part.. that will jam the two clutch pieces together. then assuming you have your top end off put wooden dowel or something similar through the top of the con rod. the dowel will keep your crank from moving as you turn the big ole clutch nut off. its hard to explain, but it works perfect, i just rebuilt my engine using this and it doesnt damage a thing. hope you understand

yes, there is a way without ant special tools. insert a 10mm or so wrench through the clutch outer part with the open end of the wrench fitting into the clutch center part.. that will jam the two clutch pieces together. then assuming you have your top end off put wooden dowel or something similar through the top of the con rod. the dowel will keep your crank from moving as you turn the big ole clutch nut off. its hard to explain, but it works perfect, i just rebuilt my engine using this and it doesnt damage a thing. hope you understand

I've seen plenty of damaged clutches using this method, just saying...

the tool doesnt cost much at all and its very worth it. i would get the tool from motosport or rockymountian

the tool doesnt cost much at all and its very worth it. i would get the tool from motosport or rockymountian

i already got it on the way but i already gott the topend off and this is where im stuck at so i guess im just going to wait:thumbsup: