Sign in to follow this  

Another shifting problem???

Hi All,

having a problem shifting, I got my son a SSR 70 he can ride it but can't shift the gears? when I ride it I can shift but I really have to use a lot of force to

get it to shift, is there anything I can do to make it shift easier?? Thanks.

Hi All,

having a problem shifting, I got my son a SSR 70 he can ride it but can't shift the gears? when I ride it I can shift but I really have to use a lot of force to

get it to shift, is there anything I can do to make it shift easier?? Thanks.

If Its A Semi Auto , Make Sure Clutch Mech. Is Properly Ajusted. AKA Nut On side Case

Thanks for the get back scooterpimp, I guess I should of said it is an auto/no cluch

all shifting in the down position, he can shift it down, but you really need to have a strong foot to shift up.

even a auto has a clutch and it sounds like it needs adjusted my 5year old duaghter has the same bike no problems shifting if you need i'll take a pic for u the clutch adjuster is the screw and nut that stick out of the brake side of the case i had to fine tune hers so she could shift aswell all it takes is quater turns at a time or less i was always told loosen up the nut tighten the screw till resistence is felt then back off a 1/8-1/4 turn tighten the nut back up and try it

also what kinda oil u running? i run MOTUL 15-40

Thanks again for the help, I'm still green:bonk: and have just learned something new:thumbsup: will try it out and get back with the results.

:thumbsup::bonk::bonk:I'm a little slow and have not looked/taken it apart yet:blush: